Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

set page scaling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjharada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: set page scaling
    Posted: 30 Jul 13 at 3:59PM
Hello All,

New to the forum and quickpdf.  I am a visual foxpro developer and have just started using quickpdf.

I've come across a problem where I have a PDF that contains company checks and need to print to a printer using the page scaling option of 'NONE'.  I know that I can change the print setup in Adobe to change the page scaling option, but we have other reports that are printed on the same printer and they require page scaling to page size.  I can't depend on the user to change the setting each time checks are generated.

I am using a 3rd party product (XFRX) to create a pdf from foxpro reports, and currently I am using the ShellExecute.PrintTo function to print the pdf.   

Is there a way via quickpdf, to set the page scaling to NONE regardless of the current Adobe print setup setting, and then print the pdf?

TIA for any help.
mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 3:09PM
Hi.  I am a Visual FoxPro (VFP) developer as well and came upon this while searching for something else.  I see no one helped you.  I do have a question though:  are you able to use QuickPDF to CREATE pdfs from VFP via the REPORT FORM MyReport.FRX <clauses> command?  I cannot answer your question, sorry, but since you're also a VFP dev, I figured I'd ask you.  My alternate plan is to use XFRX for PDF creation.
bjharada@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjharada@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 5:45PM
Hi Mbabcock,
No I have not used QUICKPDF to create pdfs from VFP Reports.  
I have been using XRFX for the last 8 years to create the PDF's using the VFP Foxpro 9.0 Report Listener class.  I have a need to create multiple pdfs for different reports but then eventually join them into a single pdf, so I create the xrfx report.pdf's in a temporary directory and then use QuickPDF to add, merge and create a single pdf from that temporary directory that can then be easily sent to a user.
Hope this answers your question.
Regards,
Bob
mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 5:48PM
Many thanks for such a quick response, Bob.  I have not (yet) used the Report Listener class (as I haven't come across such a need yet).  I too have used QuickPDF's tools to manipulate existing PDFs.  I just need to basically run my native reports and have PDFs created instead of sending them to a printer.  Would you mind sharing a small sample of your XFRX code to do that? We can take this off-forum if you'd like.  I'm at mbabcock at mbsoftwaresolutions dot com.

Edited by mbabcock - 09 Mar 21 at 5:49PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 6:00PM
Originally posted by mbabcock mbabcock wrote:

Many thanks for such a quick response, Bob.  I have not (yet) used the Report Listener class (as I haven't come across such a need yet).  I too have used QuickPDF's tools to manipulate existing PDFs.  I just need to basically run my native reports and have PDFs created instead of sending them to a printer.  Would you mind sharing a small sample of your XFRX code to do that? We can take this off-forum if you'd like.  I'm at mbabcock at mbsoftwaresolutions dot com.

The wide sharing of issues and solutions is the main purpose of a forum with an open community ;-)
Shall the next VFP-user shall search the same way you did already?
Cheers,
Ingo

mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 7:43PM
Ingo -- the code sample I was asking for was the XFRX sample, not your product.  Hence the request offline.  Or am I misunderstanding you?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 8:11PM
What means "not your product"?!
It's not my product - i use the library like you do.
This is a user forum here - so your issue can be interesting for other VFP-guys as well ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 21 at 8:14PM
To be clear, I'm all for Bob sharing the XFRX code to help others as well....I just figured the QuickPDF folks might not prefer that since it wasn't QuickPDF code.  

I have contributed code samples here in the past (I think?!?) showing how I use QuickPDF to open existing PDFs and parse out specific pages into a new PDF file.  Works great!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic