Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AddImageFromFile Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AddImageFromFile Error
    Posted: 30 Jan 09 at 8:18PM
Hello, I am trying to convert a large tif file (App. 50 mb) into a pdf file. I am doing this by using the AddImageFromFile function followed by the DrawImage function for each page in the tif file. 

During the process, the AddImageFromFile function keeps returning 0 on one of the pages, however the page number on which the error occurs differs every time I run the process. I believe this might have to do with some kind of memory issue, since this doesn't ever happen on smaller files.

I am using ised.dll version 5.22.0.145. Do you have any idea why I am receiving this error. I can provide you with the tif file as well as my code if you would like.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Reagan
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 09 at 6:59AM
Hi Reagan!

Perhaps i'm wrong but there are the clone-functions ...
Imagine: A tiff with 50 mb on each of perhaps 100 pages... impossible. What you wanna do with such a document? Who shall open it?  
You should do the AddImage... only one time and then you can use the other functions to install only a reference to these on image.
Please use the serach-function here above and the manual. Thanks.

Cheers, Ingo

rgoodson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 09 at 11:19AM

Hello Ingo,

I am not sure what you mean by "the clone-funtions". Could you please expand on that a little?

The 50 mb tif is a 40-page color tif file using LZW compression. I am trying to save this file as a pdf file, so I am going through each page and calling "AddImageToFile" followed by "DrawImage" to create it. Smaller files work fine, but with these large ones, the "AddImageToFile" returns a 0 during the process at random pages. For instance, sometimes it will error out on page 4, sometimes on page 38, and often times somewhere in the middle.

I have searched through this entire forum and found nobody with this type of issue. Also, I am using the manual, which has been very helpful, but it does not explain any reason for this function erroring out.

I would appreciate any other advice you could give me. Like I said, I can email you the file as well as my code if you would like.

Thanks,
Reagan
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 09 at 3:07PM
Hi!

I had understand the tiff on each page ... ;-)
But it's only one tiff AS pdf ...

Probably the newest version won#t have the described problems but it's too early talking about this. 'Till now you can try to change your kind of working... perhaps not all tiff-pages after one LoadFromFile... perhaps several times a free and then a new create and LoadFromFile and then adding the next few tiff-pages, and so on.

Perhaps it could be interesting how big is the pdf-file if you have added one tiff-page?

Cheers, Ingo
rgoodson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 09 at 4:19PM

Do you know when the new release will be? If it will be anytime soon, I will just wait until it is available and try with it before I start manipulating my code to make it work.

Thanks for your help.

Reagan
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 09 at 10:09AM
Hi!

Please read here...
Still some legal concerns. Sorry.

Cheers, Ingo
rgoodson View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgoodson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 09 at 11:24AM
Ok. Thanks for your help. I think I will wait for the new version and then revisit this if the new version continues to produce this error.

Have a good day.

Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic