Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

View Edit and Save PDF with Fields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kncoughlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: View Edit and Save PDF with Fields
    Posted: 14 Jul 22 at 5:38PM
I need to display an existing PDF with fillable form fields, allow the customer to change these fields, and then save the PDF document (no user intervention on the save).  Is it possible to use this as a viewer?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 22 at 3:42PM
You should be able to write a program to do something like this if you use a supported compiler and already have a copy of the QuickPDF library.  If you do not have the library already, you may no longer be able to purchase it, because Foxit have declared its 'end of life'.
kncoughlin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kncoughlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 22 at 2:10PM
I do have the library but needing some direction on how to view the PDF, edit the form fields and then save without user intervention during the save.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 22 at 9:35PM
Hi Kristin :)

Making a simple pdf-viewer isn't difficult.
The simplest way is to convert each pdf-page on the fly into an image and display this image.
Maintaining form fields one way or repeatedly... save and/or flatten... that's difficult stuff and i won't dare a try with QuickPDF to do this.
In the past there was a pdf viewer sdk available besides QuickPDF - but that's the past.
Sorry... no answer you wanna read but... ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 18 Jul 22 at 9:36PM
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic