Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vector Graphics, What's the coordinate System?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a235301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vector Graphics, What's the coordinate System?
    Posted: 29 Jun 13 at 11:18PM
I have lines that I want to draw to pdf pages at specific coordinates. Can someone explain what coordinate system the parameters are for DrawLine? I can call Height and Width on the page but not sure if that gives me the same coordinate system as DrawLine uses. Does SetMeasurementUnits have any effect on either Page Width/Height and/or DrawLine? I am perplexed on how the coordinate system works with DrawLine.

TIA for the Help.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 13 at 4:21PM
Please have an eye on SetMeasurementUnits and SetOrigin.
If there are functions which doesn't work with SetMeasurementUnits then you can read this in the descriptions.
Here's the online reference:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/FunctionGroups.php
Here's the developer guide:
http://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/help/developer-guide/

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

a235301 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a235301 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 13 at 7:35PM
Thank you for the response. SetOrigin was my issue. I assumed all the coordinates started in the upper left of the page. However, that is not the default and you have to explicitly set it to the upper left.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic