Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using QuickPDF in Multi-Thread app

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using QuickPDF in Multi-Thread app
    Posted: 04 Jul 21 at 10:45PM
Platform: Windows 2016 Server  Lazarus 2.0.10, FreePascal 3.2.0
Web App:  Brook 5 Framework  QuickPDF Library 10.13
Uses clause contains:  ComObj, ActiveX,  DebenuPDFLibrary64AX1013_10_13_TLB;                           

I need use the QuickPDF library in a non-main thread of my web app.  However, when I run the code to create a library object:

var
   qpdfDCL: TAxcPDFLibrary;
begin
    qpdfDCL := TAxcPDFLibrary.Create(frmMain);

I always get this error message:
  CheckSynchronize called from non-main thread

What is the correct, thread-safe way, to .Create, use and .Free, the QuickPDFLibrary in a non-main thread?

Thanks in advance.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 21 at 10:50PM
Hi,

think this haven't to do with QuickPDF itself.
Try Google with CheckSynchronize...
Think you'll get the solution of your issue in the www ;-)

Edited by Ingo - 04 Jul 21 at 10:51PM
Cheers,
Ingo

RedOctober2018 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 21 at 11:22PM
Hi Ingo, Yes,  I researched this problem and found CoInitialize and CoUnitialize, but no matter where I call these in relation to the call to create a QuickPDFLibrary object, I get an error message.  I suspect there is a call to CheckSynchronize inside the QuickPDFLibrary which means it always needs to be in the main thread.  But it can't be, because I'm using QPDF Lib in the non-main thread.

CoInitialize must be called within the non-main thread.  UnCoInitialize must not be called in the non-main thread, it must be called in the main thread.

That's why I just asked the open ended question  "what is the correct way to do this" which usually elicits a broader and more complete answer than asking a more narrowly focused question.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 21 at 10:51PM
Hi,

i've made a complete scan through all source elements of version 18.11 ...
There isn't a single Synchronize... Nothing.
CoInitialize i've found - but i didn't found UnCoInitialize.

Edited by Ingo - 05 Jul 21 at 10:54PM
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic