Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - use quickpdf with pdf files version 1,5 and 1,6
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

use quickpdf with pdf files version 1,5 and 1,6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: use quickpdf with pdf files version 1,5 and 1,6
    Posted: 06 Aug 07 at 1:37PM

Hello to all

I need help to be able to use quickpdf with pdf files version 1,5 and 1,6.

i have iSEDQuickPDF dll version

javier
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 07 at 5:01PM
Hi Javier!

If the new pdf-documents doesn't use aes-encryption there's no problem. If they're using aes you can use only few quickpdf-functions.
A workaround:
You can use GetInformation(0) for the pdf-version.
If it's 1.5 or 1.6 you can use Encrypted. If this function returns 2 you can say that's aes.
Chicks had created an addon to encrypt and decrypt with aes, too:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=656

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 06 Aug 07 at 5:03PM
javiermgjs View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 07 at 3:29PM

Hello ingo

Thank you very much for the fast answer.

The pdf that I have to use are version 1.6 and they are not encoded, only they have restrictions to not allow modifications of the contents.

In any case i use the two instructions that you suggest and results were the hoped-for.

GetInformation ( 0 ) = 1.6

Encrypted = 0

What i  can do in order to solve this problem.

Grateful Javier

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 07 at 8:34AM
Hi!

It depends on what you want to do with the document. Normally there's no problem using QuickPDF for these files (1.5/1.6) if there's no aes-encryption.

You can remove the restrection for modification with "permissions" and "encrypt".

Best regards,
Ingo

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 07 at 8:48AM
Hello ingo

i'm very pleased for finding a forum like this, because i'm recently buy a license for quickpdf but, without knowing there is no suport from the original manufacturer.

thanks for your help.

i'm just wanna modify some field values for later call to adobe reader and that the reader show this fields with previously selected values.

i'm tryin right now your sugestion. if you can detail it, it would be more quickly my task

thanks again, Javier

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 07 at 9:11AM
Hi Ingo

it does'nt work.

P=Permissions(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1)
EncryptFile(lFileName, newFileName, '','',0, P)
the open created file in adobe and check restrictions

when i open pdf ib adobe reader restrictions are idems.

i must decrypt it before modifying field values? 

Javier
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 07 at 9:32AM
"...
i must decrypt it before modifying field values?
..."

Hi!

Yes. You must encrypt first.

A short example:
. . .
If QP.Encrypted then QP.Unencrypt;
. . .

All this you can read in the documentation:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=664

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 08 Aug 07 at 9:36AM
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 07 at 10:05AM
Nothing, it does'nt work

i try every variant that i imagine.

i found a program that remove restriction for the pdf,  then de values changes, but when acrobat show the pdf values previously sets in my program they does'nt show until i edit the field, and when i modify value is when it shows permanentely.

what e mistery.
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 07 at 3:00PM
Hi to all

last problem about fields that does'nt show was solved using SetNeedAppearances(1) before saving pdf and call adobe reader.

the program i use to remove restrictions to pdf's was a-pdf.

a-pdf can be downloaded in trial mode for 15 days at http://www.a-pdf.com it's cheap only $9.99 if you want to buy it.

the only problem with a-pdf is that it reduces pdf version to 1.4.

i still want to work with pdf's version 1.5 and 1.6, if anybody can remove restrictions whithout reducing pdf version please helpme.

thanks 

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 07 at 3:04PM
Hi again ;-)
Why not using the tool from Chicks?
br
Ingo

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javiermgjs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 07 at 3:18PM
hi Ingo

i already use the tools from chicks but i can't remove retrictions like with a-pdf.
if you can suggest correct series of commands to do that ill try again.

Javier

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 07 at 3:44PM
Hi!

If you call only "pdfcrypt" from the cmd-line you'll get help...

From the cmd-line:
pdfcrypt infile outfile decrypt ""
...and then <enter>

If you don't have success you can mail the pdf.

br
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 10 Aug 07 at 3:45PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 07 at 9:08AM
Hi Javier!

Sorry but there are no restrictions on the file.
Adobe tells me that there are restrictions for working with signatures
but that's normal.
Document assembly (yes/no) can only be set with 128 bit encryption but
on your file is no encryption/restriction - there's nothing to remove.

Best regards,
Ingo
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 07 at 11:19AM
Ingo,

You'll probably be interested to know that the PoDoFo PDF lib is adding AES encryption support. See Revision 607 in the SVN repository:

http://podofo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/podofo/podofo/?view=log

I've been following PoDoFo for a while now, it keeps getting better. It (usually) compiles nicely in Windows under MinGW/MSYS.

I'll compile the new podofoencrypt tool once they get AES working, and make it available.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 07 at 4:13PM
Hi Chicks!

Yes, you're right ... i'm interested ;-)
Thanks a lot. You don't forget us (and me ;-)
Great!

br
Ingo

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 07 at 11:28AM
OK, PoDoFo's author has completed the commandline podofoencrypt, and I compiled it under MinGW/MSYS, and uploaded it to my site:

http://www.esnips.com/web/PDFTools

Look for it on the last page. Podofoencrypt doesn't yet support AES, but the author is making considerable progress, so I expect it soon.

Note that the PoDoFo lib can be compiled either static or dynamic, so a DLL encryption lib should be fairly easy
to create with it. I'll see what I can do once the AES is working.

Y'all should consider installing MinGW/MSYS if you want to use this open source, supported PDF lib. You should be able to compile it using the much easier Dev C++ (which was written in Delphi AFAIK).
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 07 at 11:55AM
Is it easy installing MinGW/MSYS?
Can you explain the structure of a MinGW/MSYS-Installation with C++?
...Or is there a good online-tutorial?

Thanks and best regards,
Ingo

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 07 at 4:37PM
It's actually fairly painful to install and figure out. You'll always run into dependencies that you don't have installed, so you'll need to download, compile and install them to continue. After successfully installing it, you'll most likely need libiconv, libfontconfig, libfreetype, libjpeg, libz, and possibly quite a few others.

A working knowledge of a linux shell, such as bash, will be extremely useful, since MinGW is essentially a unix emulator for Windows.

The good news is that libs for just about anything you want to do are available, and a good percentage of them will compile under MinGW, making them available under Windows.

I see that they have a new installer, which might make it a bit less painful - I haven't tried it.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 07 at 10:15AM
Hi Chicks!

I've tried podofoencrypt now.
rc4v1 means 40 bit, rc4v2 means 128 bit. If i take rc4v2 the pdf-version was automatically set to 1.5 - 1.4 should be enough... Is it PoDoFo or is it your code? If AES and decryption is included it could be better than PDFcrypt.
Thanks!

Best regards,
Ingo

chicks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 07 at 5:11PM
Not my code, so we'll both have to wait for Dominik to get the AES code working. He borrowed the encryption code from another PDF project, so it's probably just a learning curve issue.

I agree that this will be better than PDFCrypt once its working :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic