Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable To Evaluate 8.15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aitchisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable To Evaluate 8.15
    Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 12:05AM
Hi there,

I am a customer that is currently using version 7.24 of the DLL edition.  I just downloaded 8.15 to try out a few new features I'm interested in; however, I get the impression it somehow installed with an expired trial license.  The Quick PDF Libary 8.15 Console (2.26) window reports that I have "0 days left" but also that "Evaluation license valid until 1 July 2012".  Regardless of this discrepancy, I tried to unlock the DLL using the trial key but it ends up failing, so I cannot evaluate the library.  Everything works fine when I revert back down to 7.24 and use the license key that my company has purchased.

On this computer, this is the first time I've installed the QuickPDF library, so it's not like it could have been a previous installation that is interfering with my license.

Can anyone help me here?  I need to verify whether 8.15 is going to work for what I need it to do before I suggest to my boss that we upgrade to the latest version but my license is seemingly expired without any good explanation.

Thanks in advance,
-John

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 12 at 12:53PM
Hi!

I think this behavior has to with your old installation
and perhaps an old entry in your registry.
Remove completely the old version and trying the new
version with a new testkey will be successfully ... i hope ;-)
You should call the guys at Debenu directly...
There are lower prices jumping from version 7.xx up to 8.xx

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

aitchisj View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aitchisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 12 at 4:30PM
Hi,

I appreciate your response.  I ran the uninstaller and even went as far as to remove registry entries to try to get rid of it all together and I still get the same problem when I re-install (0 days left on license but says it's actually valid until 1 July 2012).

As mentioned in my first post, I have not previously installed QuickPDF on this computer, so it's not a previous installation that could be causing this.  Anyway, I will get ahold of the Debenu guys if I can and see if they can help me.

Thanks again,
-John
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 12 at 9:43PM
Hi John!

This is a user-user-forum here.
Some experiences we've made and we can talk about and advice
and some experiences (like yours) we couldn't make.
So if it's an urgent problem for you (and i think so) you should post
it to the official support pages of Debenu:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php

Cheers, Ingo
aitchisj View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aitchisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 12 at 10:27PM
Thanks Ingo,

They responded quickly to provide a new product key and also explain that my problem might actually have been related to the fact that the 8.15 library has ANSI variations of methods which PowerBuilder (the development environment that I'm using) is better able to deal with rather than the Unicode variations.

I'm back in business.
Smile

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 5:44AM
Being a Powerbuilder developer and using QuickPDF since before Debenu bought it I can say they are wrong here. Unicode support completely depends on which version of Powerbuilder you are using. Powerbuilder 11 and onward have the internal Powerbuilder string as a unicode string. So you don't need the ";ansi" on the external function references since you are using version 8 of the QuickPDF library.

Hope this helps
Wheeley
aitchisj View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aitchisj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 12 at 5:53AM
I have found that sometimes things can be cryptic and/or trial and error in the PowerBuilder world, especially when trying to call external functions.  Not many people use PowerBuilder either so help and information is also limited.  

Thanks a lot for the additional information.  Every little bit helps.

Smile
-John

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 12 at 4:23AM
We don't have a copy of PowerBuilder to do any testing with.  

As Wheely mentions PB 11.5 supports UNICODE strings and works correctly with QPL.  
PB 10.xx versions needs to use the 'A' versions of the Quick PDF Library functions so you need to add an 'A' to the end of the function name if the functions uses a string as a parameter or a return value.  ie.  QuickPDFLoadFromFileA,  QuickPDFUnlockKeyA, QuickPDFDrawTextA

We are looking to provide more Getting Started information for Power Builder to help make it easier to get started with.  We support many platforms and we have many customers using all sorts of development environments with the DLL and ActiveX versions.

So if anyone has any ideas or sample code to help others get started with PowerBuilder then it would be most welcome.

Wheely - does there need to be two versions of the QuickPDFDLL08xx.INC file - one for PB10 and another for PB11 ?

Andrew.
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 12 at 4:50AM
Unfortunately, yes. So for a PB10.5 and below the inc file wold be like:

string QuickPDFFontName(long InstanceID) library "QuickPDFDLL0815.dll" alias for "QuickPDFFontNameA;ansi"
long QuickPDFSaveToFile(long lInstanceID, String sFileName) library "QuickPDFDLL0815.dll" alias for "QuickPDFSaveToFile;ansi"

whereas PB 11.0 and above would simply be:

string QuickPDFFontName(long InstanceID) library "QuickPDFDLL0815.dll"
long QuickPDFSaveToFile(long lInstanceID, String sFileName) library "QuickPDFDLL0815.dll"

If you need help just e-mail.
Wheeley
Ram View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 12 at 7:31AM
Hi All,

I am using Verson 8.18 with QUICK PDF with PowerBuilder 10.5,  I am getting the handle value using the function QuickPDFCreateLibraryA however i am not able to get return value 1 while using the function QUICKPDFUnlockKeyA; also for the Function QUICKPDFMergeFileList also i am getting the return value as 0.  I am using the QuickPDF dll to connect from PB 10.5.

My objective is to merging of documents and to create bookmark inside the pdf after the merge function.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,  Ram
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 12 at 12:38PM
This question has been answered in a different message thread

Andrew.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic