Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Textextraction... the first page is missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Textextraction... the first page is missing
    Posted: 15 Mar 07 at 3:52PM
Hi!

I've problems with one special document and i don't know why.
When i'm doing textextraction it's a bit slow (for the seven pages) and when it ends the resulting textcontent begins with page two.

When i divide the document in one part with the first page and a second part with page 2 up to 7. Textextraction for part two is very fast and complete. Textextraction for part one is slow and extracts nothing. What's different in page one? I can't see anything (the direct way) with notepad and the meta data is the same.

Perhaps anybody  here can have a look into the file?
http://www.is-soft.de/AXC_TEST.pdf
It's customer data - so please be careful with it.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 15 Mar 07 at 3:53PM
ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 07 at 6:49PM
Hi Ingo,

I downloaded your pdf file and am able to extract the text quickly and without any problems.

If you want, I can post the extracted text on the forum.

I am using the new dll that includes the improved text extraction functionality implemented by Marian. I sponsored that development a couple of weeks ago and Marian delivered a solid performer. The dll was then released publicly to the forum.

Cheers,
- Ido
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 1:48AM
Hi Ido!

Thanks for your answer.
I've feared something like this ...
Now the trouble begins ... someone have it and someone not.
All my sources are based on using Delphi-DCUs - I don't want to change to dll-usage ;-)
Perhaps i'll find another solution.

Best regards,
Ingo

ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 3:04AM
Hi Ingo, Ido:

I have debugged this PDF and found that neither my modified 5.14 nor the current 5.21 source edition can render the first page of this document. Reason is an decryption error while getting the streamed content of the page (OutOfMemory while feeding ZLIB).
That the closed source 5.22 can handle it my be a result of modifications Marian has done.

@Marian: when will the source code of 5.22 be released ?

best regards,
Ulrich
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 5:10AM
Hallo to everybody.
It was not yet my intention to make some public announcements but I believe you all deserve some answers.

From now on there will be some restrictions on the future of my quickpdf development.  These restrictions will not really affect those who sponsored the development of this library but it will have an impact on all other members of this community.

Because this is just a warning on that what it will happen please wait some months till I will publish the full statement.

Best regards,
Marian

Edited by marian_pascalau - 16 Mar 07 at 5:13AM
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 6:31AM
Marian,

does that mean, that there will be no source for 5.22 for the next months?

Ulrich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 6:58AM
Yes, there will be no public source code anymore. Just binaries or dcu's.
Marian
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 7:29AM
Really great! Unhappy  And what about all the changes I have sent you. I did this because I wanted to make them available for all!

Ulrich
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 7:56AM
Please read my thread in the general section...
@Uli: Please resend your changes here in the relevant section for all ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 16 Mar 07 at 7:58AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 07 at 8:02AM

Ulrich, all changes you have send to me I will make public in a special build. But it must be clear that from now one there will be a separation between the "public" and "my own" version (most of the old stuff is fixed, now comes the missed/new ones).

More than that there is a great difference in how bugs are fixed by me and by you. I just went with my correction a little bit further. Second, I have not ignored your statements but because of other commitments I had other priorities first.

But it is for me a still bit too early to make long term statementsOne thing is sure, that all those of you who supported me financialy with my development will have access to my latest binary release.

Best regards, Marian

Edited by marian_pascalau - 16 Mar 07 at 8:03AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic