Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting Fonts for DrawText... Functions.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selecting Fonts for DrawText... Functions.
    Posted: 18 Mar 07 at 3:10PM
Does anyone know how to select an existing embedded font?  I have a PDF that already has about 13 fonts embedded in it and I need to select a particular one before using the DrawWrappedText function.

I've seen samples where the fonts were added and the IDs remembered in the process and refered to later, but what about where the fonts are already embedded in the PDF.  How do you use them in writing new text to the PDF?  The SelectFont method requires that you already know the FontID of the desired font.  I need something like SelectFont("Arial").  Thanks.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 07 at 3:27PM
Hi Phil!

With FindFonts you can get the number of embedded fonts.
In a loop now you can go through all found fonts with
FontID -> SelectFont (with FontID) -> FontName.
If the fontname is the one you want you can break the loop (SelectFont is already done) beginning with the DrawText-functions.

Best regards,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic