Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Return of DeletePages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Return of DeletePages
    Posted: 05 Jan 06 at 12:22PM
The Reference Guide says that DeletePages returns 1 or 0 for success/failure.

However, it seems to me that what it returns is in fact the remaining number of pages within the document. That is, it returns PageCount.

Do you confirm that ?
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 5:48AM
Jabaltie,

I had a look at the source code: You're right. The function returns the pagecount of the current document.
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 6:09AM
So, who will talk to the iSed team in order to fix the Reference Guide ?

Are they alive after all ?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 6:32AM
Hi!
We'll take over the bugfixing, compiling in the future. A modified version of the reference guide for us members here should be a smaller problem ;-)
Cheers,
Ingo

jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 6:38AM
So you mean that you'll alter the function so that it returns 0 or 1 as originally expected ?

My guess is that this is the right choice. That is, it would be more compatible with the general "mood" of the library, which is return 0 or 1.

On the other hand, who's being responsible for the product ?

What's going on behind the scenes ?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 6:53AM
Hi!
From iSED i fear there's nothing going on.
We'll keep this very complete and handy library alive and perhaps we can insert new functions in the future.
I think it's like a dog you can often see here in germany if the holidays begin: The family wants to travel and the dog can't go with them. So doggy was pused out of the car on a highway-station.
But there're friendly people, too. For example the members of an internet community. They take doggy (library) with them, feed it and give it a good, new home ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 7:33AM
Lucky the dog to be left abandoned on a highway station in Germany.

Should it be in China, it would be eaten !

So you're with the sources ? Will it be a open source project or will there be another company taking care of it ?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 06 at 7:44AM
Hi!
We all don't know... I think you've read the other sections of this forum, too?
We'll establish a bit "inner circle" here. The site-license means for a whole organization. We'll offer compiled versions and bugfixing. Users without a license-key can't do anything with it - so it seems to be legal... I don't want to tell it again... please read the other topics then you'll have the hope that this fine library will be alive!
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic