Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Request rather than proposal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ue14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request rather than proposal
    Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 4:22AM
Hi,

I think working on the library is a great thing but please don't forget about us Delphi programmers; it would be very nice to include compiled unit files (*.dcu) in the download section too.

Thanx
Udo
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 11:23PM
I am very new to the Delphi world. I am assuming that the dcu's are intermediate pre-compiled code that can be inserted into a different project to create a single executable?

If I look at the files created during the compile, there are indeed a whole bunch of "dcu" files. If I zip those together, and make to zip available for download, would that be sufficient?

I have Delphi7. Is that only good for Delphi 7 users or does that help all Delphi users?
ue14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ue14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 5:05AM
Hi Michel,

first of all, thanks for your reply. As you anticipated this is going to be a bit more complicated than just packing together some files.

You are right, the dcu's (short for Delphi compiled units) are the files that delphi users such as myself would require. These integrate perfectly with the Delphi IDE. Zipping the DCUs would be sufficient but ... and here you were right again ... should be useful only for the delphi platform where the source has been (pre)compiled.

Nevertheless, it might (no guarantees) work out and I am willing to give it a try as other solutions such as buying the source code or using the DLL are not among my prefered options at this time.

Best regards
Udo
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 6:59AM
Hi!
@Michel: I think if we're compiling new DCUs with the actual source code, these DCUs will work without any key. So we can't offer these DCUs as an open download 'cause this won't be legal. Also we can't offer a save place with password for this 'cause we can't control if someone has a license or not. One option here could be to get the shareit-invoices from interested users...
It's not so easy i fear.
Cheers,
Ingo

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 11:25PM
Hi Udo,

Like Ingo says, the compiled version we have created does not have the "UnlockKey" protection. Therefore, we really need proof that you already own the source code before we can release the source codes to you. If you can send us the smallest pascal file from the source code, then we should be able to help you out.

Cheers!

ue14 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ue14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 06 at 4:55AM
Hi Michel,

I really think that this discussion is actually going nowhere. Fact is that if I actually had purchased the source code I wouldn't need the compiled DCUs, right? So I am back at square one.

I can't help it but in my opinion this library is - despite all efforts by individuals like you - definitely going down.

Thanx for your efforts and good bye
Udo
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 06 at 5:47AM
Hi Udo!

We're now able to check your reg.key ...
If you send your reg.key to Michel or me, we can check it and then we'll send you a password for the download-section.

Perhaps you should give QP a real chance ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

ingo(dot)schmoekel(at)ewetel(dot)net

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic