Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rendering problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
eborger View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eborger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendering problem
    Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 10:00AM
Hi Ingo,

sorry, but no.
I tried with 8 and got the same result, the problem is not in graphics, but in plain text, in my example (there are other cases) I have a simple text in  font Courier New Bold, size 20 and the letters are one on top of the other, have a look at the png and you will see.

thanks anyhow,
Edgar
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 5:47AM
Hi Edgar!

I think i've found something for you ...

Cheers, Ingo

function "SetPrecision"
Description
Use this function to set the precision of numerical values stored in the PDF document. Setting the
precision to a lower number will reduce the size of the generated file, while a higher precision will
result in a larger file, although objects and graphics will be more accurately positioned. The default
precision is 4

rolftest99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolftest99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 5:42AM
Can someone give a little Example in Delphi using RenderPageToDc function?

Thanks
DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 12:28AM
Perhaps you should consider rendering directly on a device context using RenderPageToDc function.
eborger View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eborger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 9:41PM
Hi Ingo,
thanks, but yes I have bad results with pdf produced by other products like WPCubed as well, the looks is very simillar to what I get from sumatra, so I supose you must be using popler as well.....
I can send you some samples if you want.

I have a very simple one produced with itext with text only, no images, and that looks ok.

regards,
Edgar
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 4:22PM
Hi Edgar!

Please keep in mind that QP comes along with a small dll and if we're speaking from the adobe reader we're speaking from a 100-mb-installation ;-)
With his big installation adobe can make a sh... made pdf looking very nice - QP can't do this. Do you have this case if you're using a new pdf engine for pdf-creation, too? ... I've seen that the pdf was made with the old Haru-Lib...

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 29 Apr 09 at 4:22PM
eborger View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eborger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 4:04PM
Hello,
I have this pdf http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply/demo.pdf and the rendering I get from Quick is much worse than adobe, I am using RenderPage toFile and I have tried different resolutions (100,200,300,600) and also file types (bmp,jpg,png). look at
http://www.borger.com.br/softsupply\page1.png

Is there something I could do to improve image quality ?

thanks and regards,
Edgar
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic