Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Removal of PDF Security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removal of PDF Security
    Posted: 29 Nov 06 at 3:10PM
We have a forms repository application that merges collections of forms and secures them for delivery. Occasionally we need to include third party PDF files in the forms kit.

Sometimes these third party forms are secured with an owner password that prevents us from assembling kits, and obtaining unlocked copies is not possible.

Does anyone have a recommendation on any of the various PDF password cracker applications? Good or bad experiences? 

What other alternatives other than scanning back into a PDF?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 06 at 3:32PM
Hi Ken!

No chance i think. The main password isn't a problem - the user password is pretty save.
I know the APRS (advanced password recovery set) at http://www.elcomsoft.com/prs.html. It can remove the user-password but it lasts hours and hours and hours for searching.
I think not usable for what you want to do. Sorry.

Best regards,
Ingo

bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 06 at 3:43PM
I have tried the one at http://www.crackpdf.com/ and it instantly removed passwords from 50 files. The trial only does page 1 of the PDF and adds a dialog box, but it appears to work.

I was hoping to find a free tool, but I may have to purchase one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic