Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QuickPDF v5.13 BETA is now available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QuickPDF v5.13 BETA is now available
    Posted: 08 Jan 06 at 3:46PM
The latest version of the library is available [here]

chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 06 at 6:45PM
Outstanding! I'm already testing the DLL version, and will do some testing of the ActiveX version next week.

Thanks for this incredible effort!
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 06 at 4:00AM
Michel,

I think you forgot to include uiSEDQuickPdf.pas in source-zip (new function DeleteCapturedPages).
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 12:47AM
Hi JanN

I re-checked the ZIP you sent me, and uiSEDQuickPdf.pas is not in there. Seems to be missing. Here is the list of the files I found in the ZIP.
  • History.txt
  • uPDFDecimalSeparator.pas
  • uPDFExtra.pas
  • uPDFForm.pas
  • uPDFImageDecoder.pas
  • uPDFPainter.pas
  • uPDFSmartAccess.pas
  • uPDFStructure.pas

Can you send me a new ZIP please?

Thanks,

Michel.

Edited by Michel_K17
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 6:31AM
OK! So I forgot to include that file.

But perhaps it is not that bad: While testing DeleteCapturedPage yesterday I found a problem. After using that function the instance of QuickPdf cannot be freed without an exception.

I will have another look on that change. I will tell you tomorrow if I could find the error.
Matt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 4:40PM
Hi,

First, thanks a lot to everyone who started this site and helped in producing a new version! Its saved me lots of trouble!

Also, any chance of adding a DCU version to download? I am using D2005 at the moment (but will upgrade to D2006 soon) and have purchased/downloaded the DCU version.

Thanks again!!

Matt
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 4:54PM
Hi Matt!
Perhaps next week or so we'll offer new d5-, d2005- and d2006-versions, too.
Cheers,
Ingo

Helmuth View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmuth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 06 at 11:05AM

Hi all,

I need to manage pdf on Linux platform, but I am not sure to use libraries like iText, full java.

If delphi is cross-platform, it is possible to compile iSedQuickpdf for Linux?

Thank for yours answers,

Helmuth

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 06 at 1:32PM
Hello Helmuth!

The library-sources are in delphi/pascal only...
perhaps there's a chance using Kylix? ...I don't know.
I think it'll be easier to install a virtual windows-machine on your linux-platfrom...

Best regards,
Ingo
blestan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blestan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 06 at 2:47AM
Hi!
i'm new to this site ... it's maybe four years that i'm searching a good delphi/pdf freeware code ... i think this is the one .. i can be very usefull for the project i'm using delphi/pascal since 1989 and pdf since 1994 ... my goal is to build an open source imposition software ... giv me some advice where to get the code and where to talk to the core team ...
regards,
Blestan Tabakov
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 06 at 7:14AM
Hi Blestan!

It's not a freeware library we're working with ...
Please read the whole story at
http://www.quickpdf.org/
and in several postings here ...

Best regards,
Ingo
blestan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blestan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 06 at 7:54AM
i know that this is not a freeware but after reading all the stuff i think tah we sould be able to fork to a clone ... there is a lot of expamles like mosix and open mosix ... even if you want xfree86 and x.org
blestan
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 06 at 10:37AM
Hi Blestan,

Technically, in order to be legal and keep the lawyers happy, we would need to re-write the entire library from scratch, without using a single line of code from the original library.

Ingo and I (and others) are very keen in seeing this library grow, but this is something that we are struggling with considering that the library belongs to iSed, that iSed does not seem to be supported anymore, but that there is still a mysterious person who is still keeping the iSed site on the internet (by renewing the Domain Name) and still taking payments.

I will talk to Ingo about your suggestion.
Michel
blestan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blestan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 06 at 10:49AM
hi!
for the past 2 day i wrote a sample program for parsing pdf ... this is of course an proof of concept but can be a good starting point to rewrite the lib from the scratch ... i you give me an email i will send you the source ... witch is GPL of course :))
best regards
blestan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic