Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick PDF Fails after Publish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyx18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick PDF Fails after Publish
    Posted: 28 Feb 17 at 3:51PM
I use Quick PDF to convert to PDF and to merge PDFs. While running my application from the compiler, everything works as expected. Once I publish my application and try to run it on a different machine, neither the convert nor the merge functions work. When I ask the application to report "LastErrorCode", it returns 0. I'll list some code below. Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

Imports MARSvIEW.DebenuPDFLibraryDLL0912

Public Class MARSvIEWFRM
    Private tempDocs As String = "C:\Scripts\tesmpDocs\"
    Private QP As PDFLibrary = New PDFLibrary("..\..\DebenuPDFLibraryDLL0912")
    Private LicenseKey = "xxxx"
    Private Result = QP.UnlockKey(LicenseKey)

Function ConvTIF(ByVal tifName As String, ByVal justName As String) As Int16
        QP.AddImageFromFile(tempDocs + tifName, -1)
        Dim lWidth As Int32 = QP.ImageWidth()
        Dim lHeight As Int32 = QP.ImageHeight()
        While lWidth > 1404
            lWidth = lWidth / 2
            lHeight = lHeight / 2
        End While
        QP.SetPageDimensions(lWidth, lHeight)
        QP.DrawImage(0, lHeight, lWidth, lHeight)
        QP.SaveToFile(tempDocs + justName + ".pdf")
        ConvTIF = 0
    End Function

Function JoinAllPDF() As Int16
        Dim PDFfiles = Directory.GetFiles(tempDocs, "*.PDF", SearchOption.TopDirectoryOnly)
        For Each filenm As String In PDFfiles
            QP.AddToFileList("FilesToMerge", filenm)
        Next
        QP.MergeFileList("FilesToMerge", tempDocs + "merged\" + "merged_" + AcctNumTXT.Text + "_file_list.pdf")
        Me.AxAcroPDF1.LoadFile(tempDocs + "merged\" + "merged_" + AcctNumTXT.Text + "_file_list.pdf")
        JoinAllPDF = 0
    End Function
jimmyx18 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyx18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 17 at 7:07PM
I added in the code to verify if the license key passes or not. Once I did that, the license fails. So I'm a bit lost. I have a purchased license key that works fine in the compiler, but it fails when I use the PDF converter as part of an installed application on a remote machine. Any ideas?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 17 at 8:15PM
Hi Jimmy,

what type is the external system?
Is it a 32- or a 64-bit-system?
What type is the dll - 32- or 64 bit?
Where is the dll on the external system - in the system32- or the syswow64-path?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

jimmyx18 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyx18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 17 at 8:31PM
Thanks for the reply. I found out that the issue was that the dll was not being included when Visual Studio published my build. Once I manually copied the dll to the destination, everything started working.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic