Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QPDF Lite version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipikaoRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QPDF Lite version
    Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 1:20PM
I might be the total noob on this forum, but I have the Lite version and have no clue how to use it in Delphi (not even how to call a function from QuickPDFLite0722.dll).

I tried to declare functions with 'external' directive (to access it directlly from .dll) but got only exceptions. I took a look on all links, I tried the example in Delphi (don't have the .dcu file) nothing works.

I need to read a text from the first page of a .pdf but couldn't manage.

Thank you,

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 1:48PM
Hi!

Try the tutorials from the official support pages.
If these samples run for you then you can add
functions to extract text from pages.
So first you should go to www.QuickPDFLibrary.com

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

CipikaoRO View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipikaoRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 1:55PM
I guess I miss something in this case. There everything regarding Delphi refferes to a .dcu file. I have the Lite version which has just 1 library: QuickPDFLite0722.dll. So no .dcu for me. All those tutorials are about normal version of QuickPDF, I guess.
In this library, based on support files, I found a function that I could use in my application. But have no clue on how to call it (as I said I tried with external directive, but failed)
CipikaoRO View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CipikaoRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 2:18PM
I solved the problem. The lite version don't have GetPageText function Cry
Matu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 11 at 4:59PM
I just get in this thread at this point.

I also would like to test the Quick PDF Library Lite with Delphi.
It's said that the lite version is an ActiveX-component that has to be registered using regsvr32 to be able to use it.

Registering works fine, but Delphi still doesn't know it when trying to add a new ActiveX component.

So, how to manage using QPL Lite with Delphi??

Thanks for your help,
Matu
Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 7:37AM
If you did a little research and you probably would have found this.

http://help.quickpdflibrary.com/questions/137/how-do-i-use-the-activex-edition-of-quick-pdf-library-with-delphi

Wheeley
Geek
Matu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 11 at 9:19AM
Of course I was doing not only little research, but I always was looking for anything concerning "lite" and "delphi"...

This help-topic doesn't mention "lite" at all, so that's why I didn't find it.

So, thanks anyway!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic