Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with PDF Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with PDF Field
    Posted: 29 Dec 07 at 4:12AM
I have a PDF file with 3 field. PDF file name is test.pdf
The first field name is text1
The second field name is text2
The third field name is text3
In VB source code. I set text1 value is 1 and set text2 value is 2 by use oPDF.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("text1", 1)
oPDF.SetFormFieldValueByTitle("text2", 2)
I use Acrobat Viewer OCX to view test.pdf. I see 1 and 2 set successfull in text1 field and text2 field in PDF file.
I use a javascript function in third field to total text1 and text2. But when I use oPDF.GetFormFieldValueByTitle("text3") . I receive 0 value.
Please help me how to get value when use javascript in pdf to calculation.
Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 07 at 6:48AM
Hi!

I think this having to do with the point of time when you're activating your script. Perhaps a bit too late or too early. If nobody can offer a more detailed answer you can look here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html

Best regards,
Ingo

marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 08 at 7:49AM
Hi there,
maybe I understand you wrong but if you use JScript to calculate fields then you cannot use that value with QuickPDF. The reason is that QuickPDF does not support scripting and any attempt to access the value of such a field, will retrieve some old value previously stored in PDF dictionaries.

Your case is a special one and must be carefully analyzed. In case that this problem really bothers you, you have to contact me over support(at)quickpdf.org .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic