Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem to generate pdf file PDF/A compliant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem to generate pdf file PDF/A compliant
    Posted: 18 Jun 08 at 4:17AM
Hello everybody,
this forum is very interesting and I found a lot of answers to my questions.
However, I've got 2 more questions.
My aim is to build a pdf file pdf/A compliant (at least PDF/A-1b, but PDF/A-1a should be better).
  • How can I set the output intents entry ?
  • I am also rebuilding a pdf from a none PDF/A compliant pdf file. The pdf source file contains declared Standards Fonts (Helvetica, for example). Even if I add those fonts (Helvetica) thanks to the AddTrueTypeFont function, the pdf/A file checker detects that they are not embedded. In order to verify this information, I fetched all the fonts of the documents and I found Fonts with a FontType set to 4 (embedded, good) and some with the FontType set to 2 (Standard, Bad Ouch). By so doing, Helvetica is declared as Embedded font AND as Standard Font. How can I switch the typeFont from 2 to 4, or how can I delete a standard Font ?
Thanks in advance for all your response

Yosh

Edited by yosh - 18 Jun 08 at 4:19AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 08 at 5:25AM
Hi Yosh!

QuickPDF doesn't offer support for PDF/A...
QuickPDF offers a lot of functions making a PDF/A-document from a pdf-document ;-)
First you should have a look at any whitepapers to know all about the PDF/A-specifications.

About fonts perhaps here's another one who can answer...

Best regards and welcome!
Ingo
yosh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 08 at 5:40AM
Hi Ingo,
Thank you for your fast answer.

I know that quickPDF offers no support for PDF/A, but I'm studying if I could use it to make pdf/A files.

The response seems to be "Yes", but the problem of setting the output color intent and the possibility of "deleting" a standard font are blocking for me.

I will wait anybody who could help me on the font problem and on the output color intent problem...

Thank you again, Ingo
yosh View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 08 at 3:39AM
Hello,
well, nobody's able to answer me ?
I cannot beleive that nobody have encountered that problematic before.
  • How can I explicitly define the output color intent ?
  • How can I "delete" standard fonts or embed them in the document ?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic