Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanVen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing problem
    Posted: 31 Mar 06 at 3:49AM

Hi

I only use QuickPDF for printing PDF files.

But I have a problem if there is a large Image on the first page on a PDF file - then the page is blank, but the text on the following pages is OK.

I currently use the last "official" release from iSED, but I have tried the newest from this forum - but with no difference.

Anybody with a hint ???

swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 06 at 9:57AM

Jan,

If you send me (pdfguy[at]dashdev[dot]com) an example PDF, I will step it though the source code and see if I can tell what is happening.

I can’t guarantee a solution but I am always eager to further my knowledge of the inner workings of this library. Debugging is a great way to learn.

Regards

sb

Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 06 at 3:44PM

Jan,

I had a similar problem now, when I was using the function RenderPageToStream.
The first page I rendered, always happened to be blank. All following pages then were rendered correctly.
Perhaps this issue depends on how the QuickPDF library is used. In my trials I used the source code.

I revealed that, when I called the function SelectPage before the first call of RenderPageToStream, the first page also was rendered correctly.
It seems, that it doesn't matter, what number I enter for the SelectPage function, but it only matters that SelectPage is called before RenderPageToStream.

When I have more time, I will analyze this behaviour more thoroughly.

Maybe your problem is not caused by the first page being a large Image, but by the same problem I had now.
Try something like qp.SelectPage(0) before you print your file. I wonder if the workaround for my problem is a remedy for your problem also.

Frank

Edited by Frank
Matt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 06 at 10:23PM
I also had a similar problem, with a PDF file that was encryped with a password. The first page was blank but the rest showed OK.

Using "SetPassword" and "UnEncypt" fixed the problem.
JanVen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanVen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 06 at 2:15AM

Hi Guys

I have tried all your hints - but with no luck :-(

I have sent the PDF file to swb1 - lets see what he can do with it.

swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 06 at 9:22AM

Jan,

I apologize.. My spam filter caught your email and removed it. I have added you to my friends list so that it will not happen again. Please re-send the file

Thanks

sb

swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 9:50AM

Jan,

There is something about the image in your document that is not handled properly by the QuickPDF Library.

Quick PDF uses GDIplus to render images. When Quick PDF attempts to load the image stream in your PDF, the function call returns “Invalid Parameters” . I do not have adequate documentation on GDIplus to understand how or what parameters are supposed to be passed to the GDIpLoadImageFromStream function.

I suspect that your PDF is created with a newer specification of JBIG2Decode than currently is supported by the QuickPDF library. I do not (at this time) possess the resources to solve this.

Perhaps another member of this forum who has better GDIplus knowledge would like to take a swing at this. Or maybe you could create your documents using and older specification.

As it stands now QuickPDF will not render your PDF correctly.

Regards,

sb
JanVen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanVen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 10:27AM

Thankx

Now we at least may post this as a bug in the correct forum and maybe it will be fixed in the future - this is more than I could hope for with ised

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 11:24AM
Hi!

What about (as a first workaround) to unencrypt the pdf and resave it with the iSED-library and then to render?

Best regards,
Ingo
swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 11:36AM

I have my doubts - I don't think that the encoding of the image stream will change. I will try that nonetheless.

swb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 06 at 3:05PM
As I suspected... Loading and re-saving made no difference. Even working with an uncompressed version of the file did not help.
JanVen View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanVen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 06 at 9:34AM

I now have another PDF with the same problem, but this time from another customer.

It seems there no development in the rendering part of QuickPDF, so I have to find another supplier.

Any suggestions ???

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic