Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PrintDocument / Javascript

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulrich Blomeyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PrintDocument / Javascript
    Posted: 07 Feb 23 at 10:43PM
Hello everyone!

I have a question about printing pdf files.

In an application the customer has to fill out a pdf form and print it.

The form contains some javascript routines. These are executed as soon as the document is printed.
The javascript routines change the printed image: for example, a barcode is printed and OCR readability is increased by omitting grid lines.

Is my impression correct that the QPL routine "PrintDocument" can print the Pdf file, but without executing the previously mentioned Javascript routines?
This is only possible with the help of an installed Acrobat Reader (i.e. "ShellExecute") ?

My system: Quick Pdf Library 18.11, Delphi 10.4.2 and Windows 10/11.

Kind regards
U. Blomeyer

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 23 at 5:53PM
I've told it to you already but for the other ones here:
QPL's PrintDocument converts the PDF to graphic format on the fly and outputs the resulting image to the printer. PrintDocument does not a real "open" with these PDF and due to this no Javascript code is executed.
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic