Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Print Arabic text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Print Arabic text
    Posted: 18 Oct 16 at 1:15PM
I have a PDF document that I am filling and printing using Debenu PDF Library.

The document got filled up properly (including Arabic text), but when I try to print the document (PrintDocument() function) it does not print the Arabic text. English text got filled/printed successfully.

Also, when I try to open the filled PDF document in Adobe Reader I got following message in popup:

A font package is required to correctly display this page. Click "OK" to direct your browser to download the add-on from adobe.com. After installation, you will need to close and re-open the document to correctly view contents dependent on these newly installed fonts.

rizzz86
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 16 at 2:46PM
Hi Rizzz,

...and what's your question.
Did you do the advice in red?

Cheers,
Ingo

rizzz86 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 16 at 3:06PM
Hi Ingo,

My question is:

I can see the filled PDF containing Arabic text, but why the Arabic text is not shown in printed document?

I have not installed any font. How can I make it work without installing any font. Can I embed a font using Debenu PDF Library?

The field fonts that I am using are either Arial or Arial (Bold).

rizzz86

Edited by rizzz86 - 18 Oct 16 at 3:06PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 16 at 7:52PM
the arabic etxt isn't shown 'cause a font package is missing ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

rizzz86 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 16 at 9:44AM
Hi Ingo,

I installed the font package now. When I open the PDF it is not giving the message in red. But still when I try to print the PDF using Debenu PDF Library it does not print the Arabic text.

Following are some important observations:

If I open the generated PDF in Adobe reader and 'Save' the PDF and use the saved PDF to print then library prints the Arabic text.

If I 1) fill and generate the PDF, 2) open PDF in Adobe reader, 3) print PDF from Adobe reader, it prints properly with Arabic text.

Debenu is not printing Arabic text that is dynamically added in PDF. Static Arabic texts that are not set using SetFormFieldValue() are properly printed. I am using SetAppearance(1) and UpdateAppearanceStream functions at the time of filling PDF. Any field that I am setting dynamically I call UpdateAppearanceStream on that field. If the Arabic text is already available in PDF fields I does not call UpdateAppearanceStream on that field and it got printed as well.

Need some quick assistance as it is becoming a show stopper for me.

rizzz86
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 16 at 10:34AM
Hi,

is the size after saving with Adobe larger?
If "yes" then the font package is embedded into the pdf after saving.
With QuickPDF you have to do this manually (have a look into the online reference).

Searching for a similar problem i've found only this one:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/add-arabic-text_topic2990_post12068.html?KW=Arabic+text#12068

Keep an eye on the functions like Add*Font* in QuickPDF and don't forget "unicode"!
This here is only a user-forum - so you can't espect "quick assistance" ... only short hints, code snippets, and so on...

Cheers,
Ingo

rizzz86 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizzz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 16 at 7:44AM
Thanks Ingo for your responses.

The size of the PDF is larger than before after saving from Adobe reader directly.

I check the embedded font list. The re-saved PDF contains entries for same font (Arial MT) 20-25 times. While the PDF generated from library has the same font once.

I tried to use different combinations of Add*Font*/Embed*Font* with no success.

rizzz86
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 16 at 9:17PM
Is it possible for you to upload the pdf as before and after versions anywhere?
Seems to be interesting for me ;-)
Or you could send it to webmaster at pdf-analyzer dot com
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic