Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Previous Library Releases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Previous Library Releases
    Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 9:14AM
I am new to delphi and Quickpdf, I have inherited a large program that uses quickpdf, possibly version 3.9.

The program works even though quickpodf is not present on the pc.

Does this mean the earlier version was in .obj format?

We have purchsed a lisence, downloaded the 5.21 dll and dcu files but can not rebuild the program, delphi request the .pas file that we do not have.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Sid

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 10:20AM
Hi Sid!

You don't need QuickPDF on a pc 'cause the dcu-files are compiled into your app - so you don't see QuickPDF ;-)

I think you're trying from inside the IDE and there Delphi asks for a pas-file. Please check your project-settings ... i think few paths aren't okay. Additionally you should put the string "PMAPP" in projects -> options -> path/definitions at "definitions"...
Then it should work.

You can use your old license-key with the new compiled version without problems.

Best regards and good luck,
Ingo

Sidney View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 3:05PM
Hi ingo,

Many thanks for replying to what is a delphi problem.
I am using delphi 7 the code was developed with delphi 5.

It is useful to know that only the type defs from the dcu are required.

Trying to build the application as given to me gets:

[Fatal Error] TTSMeta05TTS2005.pas(9): File not found: 'uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu'

I do not have path/defs in projects, in tools/environment I can add an entry to the library search path for the dcu, the error becomes:

[Fatal Error] TTSMeta05TTS2005.pas(9): File not found: 'uiSEDQuickPDF.pas'

so it finds the dcu, possibly the ide thinks it is part of the project and is looking for the source!

Thanks

Sid

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 3:18PM
Hi Sid!

The error is clear. uiSEDQuickPDF is missing. In your uses-clause you write "use ... uiSEDQuickPDF ...". This unit keeps all part-units together. You have to add the path with uiSED... in your project-paths, too.

Best regards,
Ingo
Sidney View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 07 at 11:03AM
I started from scratch, removed QuickPDF from pc ,got clean copy of code and new quickpdf download everything worked.

I think somehow the initial download got corrupted, delphi thought something not right with the dcu file and tried to rebuild it. Clearly
any corruption would be in the transfer or on my pc.

Your help was invaluable.
Sid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic