Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Preserving Black color values exporting pages to i
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Preserving Black color values exporting pages to i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcoAbbate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preserving Black color values exporting pages to i
    Posted: 26 Mar 15 at 3:20PM
Dear All,
I have a PDF file containig CMYK images.
On these images there is some black text.
Using Acrobat PRO the value of the black thext is C=0,M=0,Y=0, K=100.
When I export the page to image, in JPEG, TIFF or PNG format, and then import the image into a new PDF file, the color values of the back text changes, and the black color is "spread" on the other channels, CMY, too.
I tried to convert the exported images using Acrobat function "Create PDF from File", with the same results: the text is not only K anymore, but has CMY values, too.
What I need is that when I export the PDF page as image, the result image has the same color value of the PDF page, especially for the Black.
It seems the export function convert in some way the colors, mostly the black values.
Is there any function able to preserve the K values, or making something similar to the "black compensation", in order to avoid this problem?
Looking forward to your reply,
Best Regards,
Marco Abbate.
andrewkowa View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewkowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 15 at 1:53AM
I have a same problem with trasparency, I cannot use the printer because there are points of black/white in the pages.
So should I use poor quality services? like http://www.overnightprints.co.uk/stamps or other?

Edited by andrewkowa - 31 Mar 15 at 1:54AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 15 at 7:22AM
Hi Andrew,

we can't look over your shoulder on your Screen ;-)
It's not much you've written to describe your problem.
With more details and relevant code snippets perhaps somebody can help ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

erico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 15 at 6:55PM
Perhaps the act of outputting the items causes default color values to be used. I had similar issues a while back with text color. What is important to remember is that every time the current page is changed, you must reselect your default color. I was only dealing with text, so SetTextColorCMYK(0,0,0,1) was enough for me. You may need to update several color related items.

Perhaps you have a need I do not understand, but why create image files at all? Use ExtractFilePages() or ExtractFilePagesEx() and create the second PDF directly, bypassing the intermediate step. I would expect this to preserve the K.

Eric O
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic