Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF Form Filler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF Form Filler
    Posted: 01 Mar 10 at 10:56PM
I am looking to see if Quick PDF has "form filler" capabilities.
I use Delphi 7.
I want to write code to do the following:

PDFObj.LoadFromFile('myfile.pdf') ;

// Next I want to pop up a dialog which allows the user to input data into the fields on my form.
PDFObj.FormFill ;

if {PdfObj.UserClickedPrint or Save or Continue} then begin
    // Loop through the fields and save off the value for each field that was entered by the end user.

I know how to loop through the fields and get/set the value.
My question is does QuickPDF have the "Form Fill" feature?

Thanks
Wayne

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 10 at 6:11AM
Hi Wayne!

What's the "form fill feature"?
I think the SetFormField-functions are the "form fill feature"?
What do you need more?

BTW: I think a popup isn't very comfortable for the users 'cause in some fields they wanna make an entry and in others not but in a popup-loop they have to go through all fields.
I think it's better to count the formfields before and then creating a window with the matching dimensions and then showing all formfields together?

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 02 Mar 10 at 6:12AM
Shotgun Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shotgun Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 10 at 6:12AM
Hi Wayne:

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Getting or Setting form field values means filling out or getting information in form fields. 

You say < "I  know how to loop through the fields and get/set the value.
My question is does QuickPDF have the "Form Fill" feature?> 

Once you set the value of the desired form fields and then save the PDF... Is that not filling a form?

QuickPDF has all the necessary tools for creating form fields, setting form field values and then getting form field values.  In other words "Form Fill".

If you're talking about something else please give more detail.

Tom

waynefulcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waynefulcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 10 at 2:14PM
Sorry Guys, I must of had a late night last night. After reading my post I realized I didnt give clear questions.

What I meant by "Form Fill" is basiclly the funtionality of Adobe Reader. meaning I would like to have my entite PDF form display in some type of dialog window which allows the user to tab to each field on the form and type a value in. Then after some event like clicking a button such as "print", "Save" or "Continue" then I would loop through the fields and get the values the user just input. I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic