Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Outline/Bookmarks with MergeFileList function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottokenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outline/Bookmarks with MergeFileList function
    Posted: 04 Apr 07 at 4:31PM
I'm having an issue where when merging multiple documents together with the 'MergeFileList' function, the outline/bookmark data does not merge and the resulting document only contains the outline of the first document in the file list.  Is this how it's supposed to work and am I doing something wrong?
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 07 at 4:37PM

I had a similar issue. Can you send me your PDF file to confirm my solution.

Email address is: support(at)quickpdf.org

ottokenny View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ottokenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 07 at 8:51AM
I sent you an email, as requested, with three attachments and a bit of code, illustrating what I was attempting to do.  As I mentioned, if you use 'MergeFileList' (or MergeFilelistFast), the resulting PDF only contains the outline from the first file in your 'FileList'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 07 at 11:51AM
The MergeFileListFast function does not process outlines. The outlines from the first documents are preserved because of a copy operation and not because of merging.

As I have told you per email the alternative would be sponsoring for a correction or to use the MergeDocument function.

Best regards, Marian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 07 at 12:17PM
Sorry, I have to correct my last statement. It seems that Outlines with QuickPDF are not merged. This feature is totally missing :-(
ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 07 at 3:17PM
In my Visual CUT software, I have a command line option for merging multiple pdf documents. I had to add significant amount of code to also merge the outlines because of this same issue. It works well, but I wish I could have avoided the extra work... :o)

While I have my own solution, consider sponsoring Marian's work to add this missing feature to the library. I sponsored Marian's work on another issue, and am very satisfied with the result.

Cheers,
- Ido
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 07 at 4:06PM
Hi Marian!
I think 'till now all members here wanted to solve special bugs. Your bugfixing (in this cases) was sponsored by the relevant members... Is it possible to get a list... Bugfix description... What bugfix costs how much... What are the costs for all bugfixes 'till now... ?
Best regards,
Ingo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 07 at 7:08PM
Hi Ingo,
at the moment I organize my work based on one of your previous proposal. After sponsoring me for any feature you want I will offer you access to all my binary improvements based on the amount of your sponsorship (240$/Year).

Best regards, Marian

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic