Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie question: iSED and .NET

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie question: iSED and .NET
    Posted: 14 Dec 08 at 4:50PM
Not really a newbie, but haven't used this for years.

Would someone please summarize the steps for using the DLL with a .NET application in such a manner that the application can be easily moved to another computer. (In this context, 'easily' means without having to 'install' the DLL on the target machine.)

Many thanks.

Edited by groston - 14 Dec 08 at 6:48PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 08 at 1:28AM
Hi!

It's not the best way but you can use this "not-.NET-dll" in .NET-applications, too. Please read here about the "how to" and "what to do":
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/26thfadc.aspx

Cheers, Ingo

Jim Sullivan View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 09 at 2:13PM

Has anyone done this?  I'd really like to see some actual examples.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 09 at 2:44PM
Hi Jim!

What about you?
Then we have here some examples for all users. It's a good idea. Please do it.

Cheers, Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 09 at 12:01PM
If nobody has done it, I will be trying it myself.  I will return and update my status.
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 09 at 2:52PM
I've got this working in my ASP.NET application.  You use the iSQP0511DotNet.cs file from the DLL zip.  You import the DLL into your application.  In my app, it goes in the bin folder.  Then you use the class name from the cs file to create your classes.  The application will find the dll in the local folder and be able to use the functions without the DLL being registered.

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 09 at 1:06PM
I've found a major issue with this use.

The DLLImport function from the C# file requires the use of "static".  If you convert to VB, it uses "shared".  This means that every instance of a QuickPDF that you use will share the same memory, which is a disaster (for me anyway).  Here's some code:

dim obj1 as new QuickPDF
dim obj2 as new QuickPDF

obj1.unlockkey("key")
obj2.unlockkey("key")

obj1.drawtext(100,100,"Hello World")
obj2.drawtext(100,200,"Goodbye World")
----------------

In this case, both of your objects will have both "Hello World" and "Goodbye World".

I tried using Declare instead of dllimport, but I got the same result.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 09 at 2:43PM
Hi Jim!

This is still one of the main problems with the rising of .NET...
I've posted it already before but perhaps you didn't see it. You can use a non static dll with C#, too.
Please read here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/26thfadc.aspx
from the ...
.NET Framework Developer's Guide
in chapter ...
Consuming Unmanaged DLL Functions

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 11 Mar 09 at 2:45PM
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 09 at 3:27PM
The link seems to say that you can only use static (or Shared for VB) for a dll called this way.  I'm trying to read through it, but if you understand differently, can you point me to the right place?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 09 at 3:45PM
Hi Jim!

In the new test-package you which you can download from Debenu there's a cs-file included to use the unmamaged dll with C#.

Cheers, Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Sullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 09 at 4:01PM
I may be really thick here, but I think that's what I've downloaded.  That has the "static" calls listed.  I think that's what I used where I ran into the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic