Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Multipage PDFs causing filename issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multipage PDFs causing filename issue
    Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 6:10AM

I'm trying to thumbnail a directory of PDFs - using VBA and iSed - utilising the RenerDocumentToFile command.

It seems on multipage PDFs that the resultant file name always has a 1 appended (I'm specifying first page only) and I don't want that as the filenames need to match exactly the originals.

Please help!!

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 8:10AM
Hi chilluk!

How should this work?
Each page of the document will be converted to an image - so the names can't be the same. If so - the result will be only the last page as an image - the other pages will be lost.

If this is not okay for you you can work with copy, delete, kill, rename, ... after the function call.

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo
chilluk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 8:13AM

I am specifying in the code that I only want to convert a single page - so ideally I'd want it to just have the name I specify without the added on 1. Can I detect multiple pages first and then I would know which ones need renaming?

Thanks for your reply.

chilluk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chilluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 8:20AM
Ah - no worries - maybe it names all with the suffix of 1 - I'll just rename them all!!
hbarclay View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbarclay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 06 at 11:19AM
The suffix should be whatever the page number is, and if you don't want it to be the suffix, you can insert a '%p' into the file name and the page number will replace the %p.

If you were using Delphi you could just call RenderPageToStream and then save the stream to a file, using VBA you might try RenderPageToString and then save the resulting string to a file. That way you would have complete control over the file name. I haven't tried either of these, but the functions look like they should work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic