Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Form Fields when printing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Form Fields when printing
    Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 8:41AM
Just downloaded evaluation verison (4.42) and up to a point everything I need works great, except for printing of the PDF.  I have a very simple task:  A PDF will some text fields that I fill with a VB6 application, then print it out.  In most cases only a few of the fields print.  If I save the PDF to a temp file the form fields are all there and look great, and it prints out properly through the reader, but not using QuickPDF.  I have reviewed some similar topics on the forum and am using the 'UpdateAppearanceStream' function.  Is this a problem with the version that I'm using, and if so, how can I get the latest version of QuickPDF to evaluate?  Thanks in advance.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 9:14AM
Hi!

Where do you get version 4.42?
The number of the last evaluation version is 5.11.
Please try it first... perhaps anything has changed.

Best regards,
Ingo
Comsoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 9:21AM

Thanks for the response!

I downloaded the evaluation version from www.isedquickpdf.com

Is there some other place I can download 5.11?

chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 11:28AM
Why not use Adobe Reader for the printing? It will produce much smaller print files, and will print faster.

Use the DDE interface, it works with all versions of Reader you're likely to encounter, and is very easy to use.

Here's a usage example in VB:

http://www.planetpdf.com/forumarchive/91900.asp
Marc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 12:06PM

Hello Comsoft,

just had a look, all versions that are available at the site are 5.11.

Which one did you download?

Marc

Comsoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 1:52PM

chicks....Thanks for the help.  I'll give that method try.

Marc....I'm using the ActiveX version.  The zip file name says that it's 5.11 but after you extract and look at the version of the DLL, it says that it's 4.42 (dated 4/1/05).  Am I missing something?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Marc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 2:01PM

Sorry Comsoft,

You are correct, the dll has a version 4.42 on it

Comsoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comsoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 2:05PM
Does anyone know a way/where I can download the evaluation ActiveX v5.11 so I can test it too see if I experience the same problem?  If I don't experience the problem, I will be purchasing the product (I probably will purchase it anyway, since I have a work-around).
Marc View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 3:49PM

Comsoft,

all downloads date from 1/4/2005, activex, delphi, classic dll... Even the classic dll is version 4.42.

I think it is really version 5.11 you are getting.

Marc

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic