Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Merging PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald manickam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Merging PDF
    Posted: 23 Jan 06 at 5:11AM

Hai,

I want more 2 or more pdf 's to combined into a single pdf.Is it possible through ised quick pdf.Please help me to find A solution for this.

Regards,

P.Gerald Manickam

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 06 at 5:21AM
Hi Gerald!

This is from the iSED-Knowledgebase. You can find it here at www.quickpdf.org on the starting page, too.
It's not in a specific language.

Best regards,
Ingo

First, you must load in the two documents you want to merge, and store the ID of each document for later use:

QP.LoadFromFile("file1.pdf")
Doc1 = QP.SelectedDocument
QP.LoadFromFile("file2.pdf")
Doc2 = QP.SelectedDocument

Now you simply select the first document, and request that the second document be merged to the end of it:

QP.SelectDocument(Doc1)
QP.MergeDocument(Doc2)

At this point the second document will have been automatically removed, but the first document (with the second document merged to the end) is still selected. It's a simple matter to save the merged document:

QP.SaveToFile("merged.pdf")
QP.RemoveDocument(Doc1)

ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 06 at 1:12PM
If you need to quickly merge more than 2 documents, consider using the QP.MergeFileListFast method.

Cheers,
- Ido
tallen14218 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen14218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 10:49AM

Ido,

In my experience MergeFileList and MergeFileListFast do not work properly. I have been using QuickPDF for about 3 years now in both ASP and VB environments.

I have attempted to use MergeFileList and MergeFileListFast to merge 2 or more PDFs together without success. I am on v5.11 Active/X library. The merged files count returned from the calls always returns 0, no matter how many files I have in my FileList.

Is there a way to get more specific error information as to why the merge fails?

Tom

Tom
bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 10:56AM

These methods all work, but I have had some problems when the files get very big and have many form fields.

Merging in memory has worked fine for several years until we added a lot of fillable fields. We recently switched to the MergeFileListFast() method which is working better.

You need to make sure you have temp paths set up and write access for the IIS user.

QP.SetTempPath("d:/temp")
QP.SetTempFile("d:/temp/pdftemp.dat")

MergeFileListFast() is returning the count merged files.

tallen14218 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen14218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 11:14AM

I am using QuickPDF 5.11/AX in a VB 6.0 application and trying to merge 3 PDF files that are about 400KB each, so write access for the IIS user is not an issue. Setting TempPath and TempFile have no effect.

Tom

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic