Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MergeFile not creating a PDF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjharada@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MergeFile not creating a PDF
    Posted: 26 Aug 21 at 1:48AM
I am currently using DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1613.dll.
The code I am using is VFP9.
I use the following code:

step 1. DPLClearFileList(iInstanceID,"FilesToMerge")

step 2. I use xfrx to create pdf's and use thisform.lfilename to store the pdf name.
DPLAddToFileList(iInstanceID,"FilesToMerge", thisform.lfilename)

once I am done creating the pdf's, I do ...
step 3. x=DPLFileListCount(iInstanceID,"FilesToMerge")
WAIT WINDOW 'total pdfs in merge: '+LTRIM(STR(x))  &&this shows 12 pdf's have been created.
I create a unique filename in thisform.lpacketname
DPLMergeFileList(iInstanceID,"FilesToMerge", thisform.lpacketname)

When I execute this MergeFileList no pdf is created under the thisform.lpacketname filename.
This only seems to happen on a particular job that I am creating the pdf's on.  When I look at the pdf's that have been created in step 2, I am able to display each pdf thru acrobat.  There are no 0kb pdf's.

What could be causing this problem?

TIA.
Bob

bjharada@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjharada@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 21 at 4:51PM
Actually I believe I have resolved the problem.  Apparently one of the pdf's I was merging into the combined packet was a pdf that one of our people had scanned and saved, and used adobe dc to make the pdf editable.  In doing so, the pdf contained editable fields that were interfering with QuickPDF's ability to merge multiple pdf's into a single pdf.  I'm still waiting on some answers but I believe this is the culprit.

Please let me know if anyone else has had these types of problems and what they did to resolve them.

Regards,
Bob
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 21 at 7:06PM
Hi Bob,

this special pdf will have special tags you can check before (like creator for example).
If so you can make a working copy... load and save it new with QuickPDF and do the merge there after.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

bjharada@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjharada@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 21 at 7:55PM
Thanks for the reply Ingo.   After I emailed everyone at work about the problem, I found out that the "PDF" I was referring to, was actually an email from a client where the person that received the email just copied the document to my holding file and renamed it as a PDF.   So the actual file was not created by Acrobat at all.  It just looked like one.  LOL.  Don't you just hate it when users try to get cute with what they're doing, rather than taking the time to do what they are supposed to do.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Regards,
Bob Harada
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic