Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Image not showing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image not showing
    Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 9:20PM
QuickPDF Library version: TDebenuPDFLibrary1013
Delphi XE3

I am using .Pdf fillable forms extensively in my production project.  Each of the forms needs an image of a signature created and inserted at runtime, in place of a fillable text field that is being used simply as a place holder.   

I am using the following code to grab the dimensions of the fillable text field, then I basically "get rid of it" then I display the signature .Jpg image.  This works.  However, after the form is saved, then reopened, the signature field is not being displayed in QuickPDF, nor in an external .Pdf viewer like Adobe. However, upon printing, the signature shows up on the hard copy, in the correct place and it's the correct size.  

I need to know how to force QuickPDF or Adobe, to display the signature image .jpg that I know is there (because it prints), but is not being shown.  

Only 1 form out of 331 forms has this problem.  All other forms display the signature image in QuickPDF and Adobe even after having been saved and reloaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

// Set text to blank, Grab the dimensions, then get rid of the "place holder" text field
                ff_val := '';
                idx := 29;
                qwk_pdf.SetFormFieldValue(idx, ff_val);
                sig_lft := qwk_pdf.GetFormFieldBound(idx, 0);
                sig_top := qwk_pdf.GetFormFieldBound(idx, 1);
                sig_wdt := qwk_pdf.GetFormFieldBound(idx, 2);
                sig_hgt := qwk_pdf.GetFormFieldBound(idx, 3);
                qwk_pdf.SetFormFieldVisible(idx, 0);
                qwk_pdf.UpdateAppearanceStream(idx);

// Draw the image of the signature
                sig_blb_strm := dmCln.cdsPrvdr.CreateBlobStream(dmCln.cdsPrvdrSIG_JPG, bmRead);
                img_id := qwk_pdf.AddImageFromStream(sig_blb_strm, 0);
                qwk_pdf.DrawImage(sig_lft, sig_top, sig_wdt, 20);   

qwk_pdf_frm.SaveToFile(ff_mrg_fyl_nm);

//  At this point the signature image displays correctly in QuickPDF and Adobe.  However, when I reload the image into QuickPDF, or reload into Adobe, the signature image is not visible.  However, it prints onto the hard copy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 16 at 9:28PM
Hi,

try it with an additional SetNeedAppearances(1) before SetFormFieldValue.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 16 at 2:12AM
Hi Ingo,

Sorry I did not include that line in my code snippet.  It's actually in my original source code, a bit further up.  So that is not the problem.  I moved the line to just above where I set the field value, but it still has the same problem.  The signature prints, but it is not visible in QuickPDF viewer, and it is not visible in an external .Pdf viewr like Adobe or Nuance Power PDF.

Any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 27ffb8b2-bfac-4126-b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 16 at 2:59AM
Is there a way I can send you the .Pdf form that is manifesting this behavior?  I don't see a user file upload section in your forums.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 16 at 5:43PM
Hi,

you can upload the pdf anywhere (there are many data hoster out there ;-)  and post the link here.
So users or me <perhaps can help.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic