Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IIS Windows Server 2012 R2 problem with library
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IIS Windows Server 2012 R2 problem with library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IIS Windows Server 2012 R2 problem with library
    Posted: 26 Jun 14 at 7:02PM
I wrote a web application which loads the PDF, write some data on it and save it under different name.
This works fine on following OS and their IIS:
- XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008
I had never a problem with IsedQuickPDF.DLL

The problem started when I ran the same application on Windows Server 2012.
The part of the app which loads the DLL simply hangs at the line where I use "LoadLibrary()" to load .DLL
I tried all kind of setup and tested the changes in the code on Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008, on both machines exactly the same code works nice.
On Windows Server 2012 it hangs.

The application consists of many modules which all works perfect also on Wondows Server 2012 R2, no problem at all. Only the part where I need to load the IsedQuickPDF.DLL it hangs. Cannot use it.

Is there and help, because I confirmed that the OS and its IIS is the problem

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or help, I am desperate already. It bothers me for more than a year... The Library version is 5.1 (LibraryVersion() function used)
Is there some DEMO version of newer library to try and if works I will buy it immediately.

Better to write programs than not to write programs...
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 14 at 9:59AM
Hi Boris,

Sounds like you are using a very old version of Debenu Quick PDF Library (when it was known as iSEDQuickPDF) which is 32-bit only.

Are you sure that you have setup the web project so that it's targeting 32-bit and the application pool that it's running in is also 32-bit only?

- Rowan.
Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 14 at 9:39PM
Thanks for your answer Rowan.

In the meantime I found out that the company I am writing the software for, bought the never version 10
I will get it this weekend and will try.

And yes I have setup the web project so that it's targeting 32-bit.
The application pool  is running also 32-bit files (set to true)
This is what I never forget because I wrote several web apps which runs on 32-bit or 64-bit servers.

I hope the version 10 will make any difference.
I am wondering why the old version I am using up to now works perfect on any IIS on any server and on any OS (32-bit or 64-bit) - except on IIS on Windows Server 2012...

Edited by Boris - 27 Jun 14 at 9:41PM
Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 14 at 12:43AM
Here are the results so far and I need help... Unhappy

There are some function names (and maybe parameter changes) from version 5.11 to 7.21/7.18 and up to 10. I hope I can find out which function and how. But this is not a problem at the moment. I cannot come to the point to do anything after entering unlock key, because the DLL freezes when entering the unlock key when working on Windows Server 2012.

The main problem is that all versions DOESN'T work on IIS  Windows Server 2012 when used in WEB application

All  versions works on DEKSTOP application also on Windows Server 2012

On 2013 we bought version 7.21 and 7.18 on 2010 in hope we will be able to use our WEB application we use since 2003 to work with PDF on Windows Server 2012. Doesn't work.

I am addressing the authors of this good library - please test the library on some WEB application on Windows Server 2012 and you will realize, you cannot even enter the unlock key, therefore not being able to use the DLL at all.
We are using your library since 2007. and now we are stuck. We did all kind of tests and the problem is your DLL under IIS on Windows server 2012 in WEB application. It is not fair we cannot get any support here.

1. In version 5.11 works on XP, Windows 7, Windows server 2003, Windows Server 2008:
hDLL := LoadLibrary("iSEDQuickPDF.dll")   
then:
cFarProc := GetProcAddress(hDLL, "iSEDUnlockKey",.T.,LONG,         STRING)
cString := "the retail unlocking key we bought"
r := CallDLL( cFarProc,cString)
IF r == 0
    FreeLib32( hDLL )
    MsgInfo("Cannot verify the PassKey !" )
    QUIT
ENDIF
(this  doesn't work on Windows Server 2012)

2. Using Version DEMO 10
This code  works on XP, Windows 7, Windows server 2003, Windows Server 2008 
I had to use different named function for unlocking:
hDLL := LoadLibrary("DebenuPDFLibraryDLL1015.dll")   
then:
cFarProc := GetProcAddress(hDLL, "QuickPDFUnlockKey",.T.,LONG,         STRING)
cString := "the retail unlocking key we bought"
r := CallDLL( cFarProc,cString)
IF r == 0
    FreeLib32( hDLL )
    MsgInfo("Cannot verify the PassKey !" )
    QUIT
ENDIF
(this  doesn't work on Windows Server 2012)

Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 14 at 12:11PM
Rowan,
any news regarding the test app I sent you?
The app I sent you works on all IIS except Windows Server 2012

Did you have time to test?
Please let me know, because I need to give some answer to my clients.

I sent you couple of mails also
Thanks
Boris

Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 11:45PM
No one is using this DLL in web app under IIS Windows Server 2012 ?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 14 at 7:13AM
Hi Boris,

seems not to be a real QuickPDF-issue...
more a common one having to do with dlls, 32- or 64-bit and IIS WS 2012?
Perhaps it could help to have a look here:

Cheers, Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Boris View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 14 at 4:47PM
Thanks Ingo,

The link you pointed to is educative, but it doesn't solve my problem.
I need the "allow 32-bit" to be enabled, because my app is 32-bit.
Also, removing the filter for 32-bit will not work, I need it because of the nature of my app.

Please, try to check if somebody tested my app I sent to run on Windows Server 2012 (64-bit evemn I don't know if there is Windows Server 32-bit at all)
The application does only 2 things:
1. Loads the DLL
2. Enters the unlock key and issues the message on screen: "Unlock key entered"
3. Quits

If the point 1. fails, it issues the appropriate message and quits

On any Windows Server so far I ever installed this test program, it shows the message that "Unlock key entered"
Only on Windows Server 2012 it just hangs after the DLL is loaded. The DLL loading is not a problem, because the loading is done by practically Windows API and I get a handler (some quite a big integer)

Your experience running this test app would show us which direction to take in solving this issue.
You can also run  this test app on any other machine with IIS installed (other than Windows Server 2012 of course) and you will see that it runs properly
If you don't test the app I sent, you cannot try to explain or help.

Please try to help me.

Thanks
Boris

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic