Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GetFormFieldTitle() returns null for several field
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GetFormFieldTitle() returns null for several field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisbord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GetFormFieldTitle() returns null for several field
    Posted: 02 Jan 07 at 12:10AM
Hi all. I have a PDF created in Adobe 7 (dunno if that matters). I loop through the fields and a call to GetFormFieldTitle(i) returns null for several fields.

Why would this be the case? Viewed in Acrobat 7 all fields do appear to have names.

Thanks.
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 07 at 4:39AM
Chris, for bug reports you have to send test pdf+program to identify your error. After we confirm your problem we can help you with more.

For Bug Report send email to
"support(at)quickpdf.org" or/and
"quickpdf(at)gmx.net"

The confirmation will be made in this news group.
Best Regards, Marian
chrisbord View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisbord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 07 at 12:26PM
Alright, sent code and pdf to both those addresses.

Thanks very much.
chrisbord View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisbord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 07 at 5:41PM
I've gotten no reply from either support area.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 07 at 2:27AM
Hi Chris!

What you wanna tell us with this posting?
This is "nonprofit" here. We're doing this here in our freetime (we all have other (main) jobs to do). Take it like the musceteers "one for all and all for one" ;-)
It's easy - if you don't get a reply then there's no solution. Perhaps you should wait a bit longer...

Best regards and a happy new year,
Ingo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 07 at 5:17AM

Thank you Ingo,

Chris, what Ingo is telling is right. After almost 1 Year of no feedback (only from main group members) I have received 272 Emails in one month about quickpdf library. It is true that not all are bugs inside this library but it is impossible to answer to all (I have my own priorities). At the moment Ingo itself is waiting for another issue so you have to treat as with a little patience.

Chris, the email with bugs are important. Altough I may not aswer on your emails I always collect information about bug reports. Because your case is simple I may answer you this time.

Anyway it is good and recommended if you get no answer from us to come back and ask again for infos (as you did). We do make mistakes from time to time.

Your problem:
Your code use "PDF.FlattenFormField(i);". If you check the iSED documentation what it says about this function your will see the following:

[Quote]

FlattenFormField

Description

Use this function to draw the visual appearance onto the page it is associated with. The form field will then be removed from the document and only it's appearance will remain - it will no longer be an interactive field.

[Quote]

As you see your fields are deleted and if you use "for index := 0 to originalcount" with each FlattenedField your count decrease toward 50%.
With each call of your function you delete Trunc((originalcount + 1) / 2) fields from your document and on iteration you get no field after this position (index > Trunc((originalcount + 1) / 2)).

Best regards, and happy new year,
Marian

Edited by marian_pascalau - 05 Jan 07 at 5:18AM
chrisbord View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisbord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 07 at 9:46AM
I didn't realize this was a volunteer effort, Marian, please forgive my impatience.

Thanks very much for your assistance. It seems to obvious now. ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 07 at 10:05AM
chris, we are just trying to keep this library alive. Our reasons are different but we (me) are just doing our best.

About your impatience there is no problem. As long as we keep it friendly there is no reason to appologise. Because we don't use a bug tracking system it may happen to forget as well.

Well, one problem less for me.
For the others I have 4 more of them (Ingo, Fritz, anders_hg, ...)
..... stay tuned
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic