Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF 1.3 to 1.4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF 1.3 to 1.4
    Posted: 27 Nov 08 at 3:22AM

I need to convert PDFs (created by Crystal Reports) from version 1.3 to version 1.4, any suggestion ?

Anyone with also the needs to save also in PDF/A ?

any suggestion about other tools that can convert ?

TIA

Davide
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 08 at 3:44AM
Hi Davide,

in my opinion the pdf-specs are upward compatible - so it should be enough to check which documents are made as version 1.3 and then change it to version 1.4. That's possible with QuickPDF.
If you want to change pdf-documents like described in the PDF/A-specs, you can do this with QuickPDF... but not in an automatically way. You have to read the specs and then doing it step by step.
For other tools you can google with
"convert to PDF/A" ... you'll find enough ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo
zaksoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 08 at 4:15AM
I've simply changed 1.3 as 1.4 and acrobat properties report 1.4, but when I add information for PDF/A preflight reports a stream made up of LZW data instead of ZIP and some other errors that I do not have starting from 1.4,
For the library I've already googled many terms, but all libraries have distribution royalties, the best seems to be "PDF to PDF/A converter" from pdf-tools, but its 570,00€ for each client.. more then the price of my app..

Thank you for sharing with us your knowledge..
Davide
DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 08 at 4:51AM
Hi zacksoft
There is a free solution : GhostScript
He can convert a postscriptfile to pdf/a, and you can produce a postscript file by printing your pdf to postscript printer.

Edited by DELBEKE - 06 Dec 08 at 4:52AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic