Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with filled in data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with filled in data
    Posted: 13 Dec 07 at 9:00AM
Hiya,

We are using ISED QuickPDF to merge data from an XML file with a PDF containing form fields. Mostly, this works as this desired but every once in a while the completed PDF contains XML data in locations where there are no form fields (the data just seems to be stuck randomly on the page) and today we had an instance where the data in a field was actually the data from another field. There doesn't seem to be a problem with either the XML or the PDF itself and the problem happens only once in a while and cannot be reproduced intentionally. Does this sound familiar? Can this problem be solved? Any comments will be greatly appreciated!

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 07 at 1:28PM
Hi!

Perhaps there are unvisible fields on the form?
Forms with same names could be another problem...
This are my ideas... Not much but perhaps... ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 11:01AM
Hello !

Your description of the problem is very close to the one I'm having.

Please take a look at my other postings and see if we're not having the same problem....

I guess we are.

What happens to me is sometimes, at random, some PDFs are generated with exchanged form field contents.

When I run it again, the problem disappears.

For me this is a problem on QuickPDF itself....

jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 11:08AM
BTW, here are the topics I posted before about the same problem :

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=817
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=832
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 07 at 5:20AM
I have a suggestion for you :

Try to download and run PDFTK (http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/).

You have to generate a FDF file in order to run it. But, use PDFTK option to generate a sample FDF file from your PDF TEMPLATE (generate_fdf).

Then, after doing it all, if your problem disappears, that's a proof that the problem is on QuickPDF itself.

I have done this test, that is, I have downloaded PDFTK, built the FDF file and after it all I have seen no problem. That is, when using PDFTK there is no problem.

However I wanna go back to QuickPDF, that is, I wanna keep QuickPDF cause I have lots of things upon it.

Why don't you do this test and let us know your results ?

Au revoir !
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 07 at 12:24PM
Some more things :

- Which language are you using ? VBscript ?

- Is your code MultiThreaded or singlethreaded ?

- Can you provide me a copy of your XML file ? And, a copy of a wrong PDF file so that I can see if it's the same problem as the one I'm having ?

Thanks !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic