Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scanning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scanning
    Posted: 11 Feb 07 at 5:39PM

Up until now, I just have been using QuickPDF for printing.  Now, I want to scan documents and save them as PDFs.  I am able to scan the documents as bitmaps, without a problem.  To add the image, I have tried  "QP.AddImageFromStream."  I also tried saving the bitmap as a file and then call "QP.AddImageFromFile."  The bitmap file is correct.  To draw the image, I have tried both "QP.DrawScaledImage" and "QP.DrawImage."  I have also varied the parameters, with each of the methods.  The PDF file size indicates that the bitmap is saved to the PDF; however, the only part that is visible a black border at the bottom of the scanned page.  I am able to add text, to the same PDF, with QP.DrawText, without a problem.

Thanks
David
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 1:51AM
Hi!

I've no problems with these functions.
Perhaps you should try SetOrigin and/or SetMeasurementUnits...
Posting a code-snippet here could be helpful to help ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 2:12AM
I have a lot of commented-out code, because I was trying so many different things.  Basically, I got down to this:

Image.SaveToFile('test.bmp');
iID := QP.AddImageFromFile('test.bmp', 0);
if iID <> 0 then
  begin
    QP.SetTransparency(0);
    QP.SelectImage(iID);
    QP.DrawText(100, 500, 'Page 1');
    QP.NewPage();
    QP.DrawScaledImage(0, 0, 1);
    QP.SaveToFile('test.pdf');
  end;

After you post, I added:
     QP.SetOrigin(1);
which got the image to draw.
However, the sizing was off.  I added:
     QP.SetMeasurementUnits(2);
and changed DrawScaledImage to:
     QP.DrawImage(0, 0, 8.5, 11);
It seems to work now.

Thanks.

ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 3:12AM
Hi,

just a small explanation: default setting for QuickPDF is to have it's origin on bottom-left. DrawImage uses as position the top-left corner of the image. So when you draw an image at position (0,0) it is drawn completely outside the page (exactly: below the page).
SetOrigin(1) now sets QuickPDFs origin to top-left so that now drawing an image at (0,0) starts to draw it in the top-left corner of the page.

HTH,
Ulrich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic