Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5.21 and D7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.21 and D7
    Posted: 11 Feb 07 at 5:29PM

I have been using 5.11 without a problem.  I just installed 5.21 and updated my search path.  I tried both "ActiveX DCU" and "DLL DCU," but both require uiSEDQuickPDF.pas.  I am using Delphi 7 and both of the zip files include "D7."  Therefore, I assume that they have been compiled for D7.  I installed 5.14 and that one works fine.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 1:45AM
Hi!

Perhaps there're still other/older DCUs in your project-paths?
Is the uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu in your project-path the one from the D7-package? ...I think no ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 2:27AM

I had already search my drive for copies of uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu.  I have versions 5.11, 5.14, and 5.21 unzipped into separate directories.  I re-ran the search and confirmed that those are the only three copies of the file on my drive.  I can switch the "Library Path," under "Environment Options," between 5.11 and 5.14 without a problem.  It is only 5.21 that causes a problem.  To be sure, I deleted uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu for 5.11 and 5.14 and set the path to 5.21 and I still get the error that it requires:  uiSEDQuickPDF.pas.

The file dates that I have are:
5.11 - 2005 April 1
5.14 - 2006 March 20
5.21 - 2006 December 30 (from QPDFv521-DLL-DCU-D7.zip)
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 2:39AM
Hi!

I've sent a mail to Michel in this case...
Perhaps he can help.
Try the dll first so you don't waste time.

Best regards,
Ingo

ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 3:17AM
I can confirm this problem and have logged it as issue #94

best regards,
Ulrich
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 07 at 10:11PM
Hi Ulrich, and bb46970,

I don't understand. My Delphi 7 DCU zip files dated 30 Dec 06 (both of them) do contain the uiSedQuickPDF.dcu file. To be sure, I downloaded the two zip files, and decompressed them, and both had the file.

So, perhaps I am not understanding the problem. Is there something wrong that I did when I compiled the library and generated the DCU files? Sorry, I am not a Delphi person, so I need help to understand.

Thanks!

Michel
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 3:14AM
Michel,

the problem ist not a real missing uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu file. It's the compiler claiming a somewhat strange error.
I haven't had the time to dig deeper but what I think it is  a problem with the locally used unit ZLIBEX together with a probably already installed version.

@bb46970: what's your delphi environment: do you have ZLibEx installed separatly?

@all: could someone try to use the precompiled dcu's for D7 who has not installed ZLlibEx in any other directory?

Thanks,
Ulrich
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 4:31AM
Ulrich, maybe you are right. but before we continue I want to ask for another test.

bb46970, please use the command line compiler for delphi. It does not use your Delphi settings and the path to your libraries must be specified in command line. For compilation use:

<cmd name="build.cmd">
setlocal
set somelib=C:\Delphi\Components\MyLib\
set dprfile=myproject.dpr
rem
rem To specify unit      path use: -U"pathtodcu's"
rem To specify include path use: -I"pathtodcu's"
rem
rem For more than 1 library use -I<path>, -U<path> for
rem each referenced library.
rem
rem To specify exe output path use: -E"EXE"
rem To specify dcu output path use: -N"EXE"
rem
dcc32    -I"%somelib%"    -U"%somelib%"    %dprfile%
if errorlevel 1 (
  rem compilation failed.
  pause
)
endlocal
</cmd>

If it compiles with errors then I believe that Ulrich is right. It may not have to do with ZLIB library (ZLIB from QuickPDF was the last Wrapper found on zlib.org) but with another dependency (maybe standard classlibrary) which may change as result of a delphi service pack.

In this case the compiled reference to some delphi units is invalid and because program wants to recompile the whole project it fails with "file not found".

Best regards, Marian
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 4:32AM
Ok, I have sent Michel a new compiled D7 version. Problem was a version conflict on ZLibEx and two missing res-files (at least then it works on my system)

@bb46970: can you test this version on your system? Drop me an email so I can send it to you: ulrich  .  kobsa at  t-online  [dot] de

HTH,
Ulrich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 5:09AM

Ulrich,

after I have checked the source code I have found the following inside uPDFFontConst.pas:

implementation

{$R isqpglyphlist.res}  // <-- reference to resource file
{$R isqpdingbats.res} // <-- reference to resource file

uses
  Windows, SysUtils, uPDFFlate;

The problem is caused by uPDFFontConst.pas and not uiSEDQuickPDF.pas. The compiler just stopped on the first compiled unit which refers to uPDFFontConst.pas and it was uiSEDQuickPDF.pas in this case.

As much as I know the resource files are not embedded by the compiler inside dcu files and are processed separately by linker. This means that a proper compiled image must contain the dcu files and res (-ources) as well.

Maybe bb46970 may confirm if his old image contains a copy of these res files. If yes, please copy them inside 5.21 directory and give your program another try. If it works now we have fixed this problem.

Best regards, Marian
bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 10:59AM

Ulrich,

ZLibEx.dcu is in the 5.21 directory, with uiSEDQuickPDF.dcu.

David
bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 11:26AM

Ulrich,

I tried sending you an E-Mail.  Let me know if you get it or not.  I get so much SPAM that I have Europe blocked.  I pinged your domain and made an exception for the IP address, but if it comes from a different IP address, it will not make it.

David

bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 07 at 8:03PM
Ulrich,

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to send you an E-Mail.

David
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 07 at 12:03AM
Thanks Ulrich. I have updated the D7 DLL DCUs with the corrected one that you sent, and I took down the ActiveX one until someone can send me a fixed version.

Cheers!

Michel
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 07 at 1:35AM
Hi Michel!

I've forgotten the res-files in my ZIPs, too...
Can you insert the both files and zip/upload again?

Best regards,
Ingo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 07 at 4:16AM
Michel, if you add the res files to your archives it schould work with old dcu's as well.

bb46970 can you please try to compile your 5.21 image (the one with problems) and add there the 2x res files from 5.14 version. Can you please confirm if it works.
Marian
bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 07 at 1:01PM
Marian,
I copied the two .res files, but it still does not compile.
David

ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 07 at 3:04PM
David,

there should be fresh compiled DCUs for D7 available on download section. Can you try them and report your results?

Thanks,
Ulrich
bb46970 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb46970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 07 at 9:43AM
Ulrich,
That's got it. 
Thanks
David
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 07 at 12:33AM
Hi Ingo,

I got your message. I will update the downloads this weekend as you requested.

Cheers!

Michel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic