Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

iSEDQuickPDF.dll version 5.21

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iSEDQuickPDF.dll version 5.21
    Posted: 09 Feb 07 at 4:38PM
I downloaded this newest version of the dll but I'm experiencing a problem trying to add it as a reference in my project (Visual Basic 6). I get an error saying: "Can't add a reference to the specified file".

Also, I can't register that dll. I get a message saying that "...the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered."

Thanks for any help,
- Ido
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 07 at 4:57PM
Hi Ido!

There are many DLLs you can't register. Having no entry point isn't an error. Put it in your app-directory or in the system32-directory and it will work.

Best regards,
Ingo

ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 07 at 5:04PM
Hi Ingo,

The "original" dll (iSED.dll) did allow registering itself.    I think the inability to register is related to the inability to add the dll as a reference to my vb6 project.

Without a reference, Visual Basic would not compile my code ("user-defined type not defined").

Cheers,
- Ido
ixm7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ixm7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 07 at 5:39PM
I think I know what my mistake was. I downloaded the DLL version instead of the ActiveX version.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 07 at 5:44PM
I think you're right ;-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic