Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Started - D2006

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsekura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Started - D2006
    Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 10:21AM
I was hoping that someone has step by step getting started instructions for how to properly install and use QuickPDF in Delphi 2006. I have it woking by using the DLL but could not seem to figure how to use the DCU files directly.

It works but I am now having difficulty getting it on other machines. I am getting a class not registered error from my program and can't seem to register the DLL without getting a Regsvr32 error the "... DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. this file can not be registered.

Thanks in Advance.

Randy
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 10:40AM
Hi!

"...
DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found
..."
That's normal on many DLLs - not a real error. There are many dlls out there without an entry point. There are three options for you:
Put the dll in the directory where your project-file lays,
put it (later) in the directory where your app-file is,
put it in the system32-directory.

For developing an easy (not elegant at all) way:
Put all compiled DCUs into your project directory and the obj-directory one step deeper.

You can put the DCUs in the lib-directory and in your project-file you can insert the lib-directory, too. That's the better way ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 17 Jan 07 at 10:40AM
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 10:55AM
Randy, at the moment there are 2x DLL projects based on the QuickPDF library. One is the DLL library (normal API implementation) and the second is an ActiveX library for using with COM.

This means for your that the first one (DLL) must be used with external methods (see documentation for external keyword) and the second (iSED.dll) you have to register with COM, import it's type library and use your iSED_TLB.pas (generated by TypeLibrary import tool) to create IQuickPDF or IQuickPDF2 objects.

For direct integration (dcu) you should follow (recommended) the last suggestion from INGO. Add your dcu folder to your project "search path", add uiSEDQuickPDF to your uses list and create TiSEDQuickPDF objects where needed. 

The rest is a metter of reading your original iSED documentation.

Best regards, Marian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic