Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

suggestion for QuickPDF code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: suggestion for QuickPDF code
    Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 4:01AM
Hi all,

At the moment I'm trying to merge my version of QuickPDF with the latest 5.21 Prerelease. As of the changed code formating of some units this is not so easy as it could be. So what do you think of the following:

For the final release format all code units with a free code formatter (Jedi Code Formatter?) using a predefined settings file and then deliver this settings file together with the code.

This way everyone who needs to compare the new source with an old one can easily reformat his current code and compare it (which should now show only real modifikations). 
Another advantage would be a consistent formating for the code (independent of users preference).

any comments?

greetings,
Ulrich
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 4:13AM
Hi Uli!

Good suggestion!
Better late than never ;-)
@Marian: So you can further use your "own formattings" but for all it's easier to compare?

Best regards,
Ingo

marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 7:22AM
Hi Uli,  Hi Ingo,

I have no idea how this Jedi stuff works. I hardly came up with all my CR/BUGs and time for research I don't have.

Personally I am really not happy with this suggestion. It complicates my life and cost me to much. Uli, if you or others will be more actively involved (on regular basis) in the development of this library I will accept to make a compromise.

Please understand that your help is very valuable to me but as long as you are not available all the time I have to do my stuff as best as "I" can. If I have to pay attention on each user request I will stop working and only study suggestions.

I am sorry for some of you but you have to use the library as it is. Stuff that is not working you have to submit to us (me) and we (I) will do the rest. This way we will all profit from one unique source code base and we (I want it this way) will avoid that someone is doing quiet changes on his own (who does that must help himself :-().

It is not nice this way but is the only way to keep this project consistent for future versions (talking about me). I count on your understanding and hope to see more suggestions from you for the improvement of this library.

For users of this library the CR/BUG requests will be processed in direct relation with your support, issue importance and difficulty of submitted problems. Problems I will collect anyway but I will not offer a quick response on all of them.

Best regards, Marian

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 07 at 9:03AM
Okay...

There's nothing to misunderstand ;-)
@Marian: You're the main developer on the library and we don't want to make the work more difficult for you.
So we should take Uli's posting as an advice for the interested source-license-user who wants to see the modifications: working with the jedi-tool on the old version... working on the new release... and compare.

Best regards,
Ingo

Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 07 at 1:05AM
I am with Marian/Ingo as well on this subject. Thanks to Marian, we have finally had some real progress on this library which has been a very nice change, particularly that Marian has fixed a number of bugs that were.. bugging me. Smile

Now, on the other hand, Ulrich's suggestion could be transparent to Marian if we used the Jedi Formatter AFTER Marian posts his new code to the team. I will look at that tool out of curiosity, but for now, I am not yet ready to commit to having to re-format the code. Maybe if the team gets a lot larger with more volunteers?

Cheers!
Michel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic