Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Emulating a Water Mark ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R. Hicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emulating a Water Mark ....
    Posted: 17 Aug 06 at 11:24PM

I am attempting to embed a water mark in existing PDF files using QuickPDF ...

I am using the SetTransparency function so that the existing text on the image will show though this text I am using as a watermark.

I have the text appearing as I would like and in preview all seems OK. But when I attempt to print the PDF file to a printer .. I get an error message stating that the file can not be printed.

If I Rem out the SetTransparency code .. it prints with no problem. I have tried everything I know to get this to work with no luck.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so .. share the solution ???

Ricky Hicks
MS Access MVP
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 06 at 1:58AM
Hi Ricky!

It's not possible for me to try it now but ...
Perhaps it's better to create a new layer first, select these layer and then create the watermark? For optonally later removing it's better, too?

Best regards,
Ingo
R. Hicks View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R. Hicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 06 at 10:01AM

I found another post by you that expains how to do this ...

I will try and let you know the outcome.

Ricky Hicks
MS Access MVP
R. Hicks View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R. Hicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 06 at 1:37PM

No matter what I try ... I continue to get the error message when attempting to print the PDF:

The document could not be printed.

I have placed the watermark text on a new layer. If I REM out the line with the SetTransparency() function ... it will print.

I thought that maybe I could move the layer below the existing layer .. but it appears that the existing layer is blocking the new layer. Is it possible that the existing layer has a white backgound and would then block the viewing of the new layer when set to be under it ??? The orginial image is a scanned Tiff that has ben converted to a PDF ....

Thanks for any help that can be provided ...

Edited by R. Hicks
Ricky Hicks
MS Access MVP
R. Hicks View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R. Hicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 06 at 10:01PM

Well ... I found a work around ...

I ending up creating an image with the needed watermark. Then I inserted the new image as a new layer.

I could then set the Transparency of this newly inserted image. I have no clue as to why the SetTranparency() function works correctly with the image and not the inserted text ...

Anyway .. it appears this will work for what I need.

Ricky Hicks
MS Access MVP
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 06 at 4:23AM
Hi Ricky,

just done a short test here and I can draw a text on a page (a scanned document page) with transparency and print it.
Can you show the code you are using? And does this error appear with every pdf you are marking?

greetings,
Ulrich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic