Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to produce PDF/UA Dokuments ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandel H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to produce PDF/UA Dokuments ?
    Posted: 23 Jun 22 at 11:32AM
we use a QuickPDF 13 with our program to create PDF's or chance PDF's with additional data.

Now we was asked to produce PDF/UA compatible PDFs ... for blind people etc.

Can QuickPDF 13 do this ... or maybe a newer version ?

Regards 
Hubert
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 22 at 9:39PM
Hi Hubert,

QP doesn't offer special support creating or reading PDF/UA...
What you can do is reading the pdf/ua-specs and try to create accordingly to the specs pdf-files with QP - that's all.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Brandel H. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandel H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 22 at 12:23PM
Thanks for the answer, so it is possible ... 

I found in german documents that I have to use "tagged PDF", from Word etc.
And I have to define the language of this PDF.

I can't find anything about "tag" in the help file, whats the right name (better function) for this ?
And what metadata is used for language ?

I use the version 13.12 and looked into "Foxit Quick PDF Library 13.12 Reference Guide"

any ideas ?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 22 at 11:27PM

I cannot help you with PDF/UA, which I know little about; but the only function mentioning 'tagged' that I can see in the current version 18.22 is 'IsTaggedPDF'. This should be in 13.12 also. But it will not help you with creating PDF/UA, as Ingo says.  All the other instances of 'tag' in the QPDF documentation are in a different context: either a numeric parameter that happens to be named 'tag' or as 'HTML tag'.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 22 at 9:15PM
The only questions are:
What are the main specs making a pdf to a pdf/ua-PDF?
Then you can try to insert each single spec into the pdf-file with the help of QuickPDF.
And perhpas THEN we can help a bit ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

Brandel H. View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandel H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 22 at 10:23AM
Thanks for your answers, I see that I have to go another way to do this.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic