Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inserting a circular image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_adsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inserting a circular image
    Posted: 08 Feb 22 at 2:29PM
Is there a way to insert an image which is itself square, but have it rendered as a circle on the document - for example we have photos staff which we want to place on the document as a circle.

Would this need some sort of image mask? Is that what that function is for?

So the source image is a square jpeg, can we somehow use some sort of mask to just show the circular section in the middle - i.e. cutting all four corners off?

If so what format of image do we need for the mask, should it be same size (pixel dimensions) as the source image etc?

Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 22 at 10:01PM
Perhaps you'll find something here:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/Search.php
In the search field you should insert "Image mask"...

Cheers,
Ingo

chris_adsi View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris_adsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 22 at 8:34AM
Thanks - I had looked at that but I could not work out if it would do what I wanted it to. The help pages are OK, but very "dry" in terms of not offering examples of solutions that can be solved.

In my mind I am thinking insert the square photo image, and then overlay it with an image that is white round the edges but with a transparent circle in the middle, thus letting the underneath image show through - however looking at the Image Mask stuff that seems more suited to blocking out parts of an image?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 22 at 9:01AM
Disclaimer: I have never used an image mask in QPDF.  But your second paragraph describes effectively what has to be done one way or another; if you choose to use a mask it is just a question of first creating a square mask with a central circle for the area you wish to reveal, instead of a second 'white and transparent' full image. The format for the mask is as described in the documentation. Experiment with a small sample to see how it works, because unfortunately there is no image mask sample among the many supplied.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic