Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick PDF Library End-of-Life announcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geonetwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick PDF Library End-of-Life announcement
    Posted: 10 Dec 21 at 2:40PM
"From December 13th 2021, Foxit will be sunsetting the following products: 
Foxit Quick PDF Library (All Platforms) [...] This means that we will not add new features, releases, or enhancements to these products" ...
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 21 at 3:04PM
"From December 13th 2021..." ???
Today is Friday, the 10th of December...
Where did you find these news?

Cheers,
Ingo

swb1 View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 21 at 3:18PM
I got an email from their marking dept this morning. 
Foxit Quick PDF Library and Debenu Product Line End-of-Life announcement
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 21 at 7:23PM
Oh... It's a pitty... :(
Good to have the sources...

Cheers,
Ingo

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 21 at 8:13PM
I've written the sad story of the library in short at topic "QuickPDF end of life"... :(

Cheers,
Ingo

rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 21 at 2:16PM
Two options we could try for:

1: see if they would do a deal with TMS so that TMS would continue to develop them
2: Open source them

Do you think they would go for either of these?
rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 21 at 2:25PM
There is also losLab Software – PDF & Excel Software and Developer Library - I have written to see if they have a feature comparison sheet
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 21 at 7:51PM
The LosLab-website has no imprint ... no addresses ...
The description of the library sounds similar to QuickPDF.
The test package doesn't contain a feature list.
Not very confidence inspiring for me...
Cheers,
Ingo

rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 21 at 10:31AM
@Ingo, if we put together a group of devs to support it do you think that FoxIt would open source or sell quickpdf? 
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 21 at 6:45PM
Hi Russel,

Foxit won't like any more competition next to it - no matter how small ;-)
Buying the rights of the library will cost more the EUR 50.000,00 i think (i'm not an expert).
What we can do is gathering the members on a new platform... the source members could help each others solving source-issues and they could support the compiled members with new compiled versions of the library if they are able to prove that they are owner of a legal/valid compiled version. This could make it possible to get a version for Delphi 11 as well.

Let us search for long existing forum solutions online (perhaps free with ads) where we can find a new home. If Foxit doesn't like the activities here they can close the forum from one day to the other.
Nobody should hesitate if he/she has any suggestions regarding the problems here.

Cheers,
Ingo

rweetch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 22 at 12:51PM
I'm not sure if an alternative chat site has been set up, but as an interim I have set up a LinkedIn group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9174376/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic