Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Error with LoadFormFile

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varvarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error with LoadFormFile
    Posted: 27 Jun 21 at 10:26AM
Good afternoon! I use the library 16.12. When opening large files with a size from 500MB to 4 GB, the LoadFromFile function returns a 401 error. How to defeat it? How can I increase the available memory? It is required to edit files, direct access will not help here.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 21 at 9:30PM
Hi Alex,

getting 401 seems to me that you've already used LastErrorCode directly after LoadFromFile?
There's no real solution for this but a 4-gb-form isn't a solution as well ;-)
Perhaps you can split the functionality of your process into several steps...?
Reading the pdf-content into a stream and try the loadFromStream-function?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Varvarkin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varvarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 21 at 9:52PM
Yes, the error occurs immediately after opening. Randomly, it can open a file in 600 MB and not open it in 300 MB. And a file is not a form, but a book in a printed version for the page layout.
I was thinking how it is possible to work with such large files, for example, to divide, process in parts, but in any case it needs to be edited. And then connect it. But there are no such functions in direct access. 
Can you suggest a solution using LoadFromStream, how to do it, step by step?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 21 at 10:41PM
What programming language are you using, and does it support 64-bit applications?  With 32-bit you obviously cannot load such large files into memory all at once, either from a stream or direct. And some QPDF language interfaces do not have streams, either.
Varvarkin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varvarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 21 at 7:35AM
I use VBA (ActiveX) in MSAcesss
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 21 at 11:22AM
The QPDF ActiveX library has 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and there is unlikely to be a size limit affecting a 4GB PDF in a 64-bit process, if you have enough real and virtual memory.

LoadFromStream is a Delphi-only API so not in the ActiveX library, but you should not need it if you can use 64-bit from VBA and Access. As far as I can recall Microsoft recommends installing 32-bit Office. But know almost nothing about VBA so maybe another user here can help you with that.
Varvarkin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varvarkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 21 at 8:33PM
I just tried to work on the 64-bit version, the result is the same. 2,23 Gb filesize. Clearly, something can be done about this. I ask for help

Edited by Varvarkin - 28 Jun 21 at 8:34PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic