Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Filled PDF Field Is Not Working As Intended

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filled PDF Field Is Not Working As Intended
    Posted: 18 Jun 21 at 7:08PM
Greetings,

If you kindly download/check the following pdf file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnlm0EVQZDqcFQSZ-QAwuq7NffnRe3Sb/view?usp=sharing

On page 6, question 13, the 1st checkbox is marked with my script.

problem is the checkbox is assigned with javascript and if you mark manually using adobe reader few fields comes visible.

but if the checkbox is marked with script and open in pdf reader those fields are not visible.

but again if you mark the checkbox manually and save. then re-open the file, you will see those fields are still visible..

so, my question is, is that not possible using qpl or i am missing something?

any help would be highly appreciated..

thanks in advance

best regards
SalmaBegum View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 21 at 11:53PM
no one? no help?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 21 at 9:50PM
Hi Salma,

your original a04.pdf with a blue mark at question 13 has a size of 1704 kb.
If i open the pdf with adobe reader dc, remove and save the pdf it has a size of 779 kb (more than 900 kb were lost).
If i reopen the pdf with adobe reader dc the mark is removed.
I set the mark again and save the pdf with a size of 780 kb.
Reopen the pdf with adobe reader dc and the mark is still there where it should be.
I don't see any other strange behavior.

On the top of the form you can read that this form should only be opened with the Adobe Acrobat Reader - There should be a reason for this message ;-)
The form is made Adobe InDesign CC 2015 (Macintosh) / Adobe PDF Library 15.0. PDFs made by adobe products have some special protections deep inside. Specially InDesign don't want that the products made by InDesign were processed by any other third party tool or library.
Using QuickPDF or any other PDF-library will make undefined problems that's pretty sure for me. Sorry.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic