Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to lock document after last signature

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvastenholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to lock document after last signature
    Posted: 01 Jun 21 at 8:51AM
Hello everyone, first time I'm posting something on this forum. Me and my colleagues have been dealing with an issue with the QuickPDF library and have tried getting support from Foxit, but without get a response. So I figured trying the forum.
I've already looked on the forum if the following question has been asked previously, but no success so far (could only find http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/how-to-lock-pdf-with-digital-signature_topic3914.html?KW=lock but not exactly what I'm looking for). 

We use QuickPDF to generate pdf's with fillable fields, which are filled out in Adobe Acrobat and at the end signed for approval with digital signatures. We expect the documents to be locked after the last signature. Normally with Adobe Acrobat the last person to sign gets the "Lock Document After Signing" option.

With the PDF's generated by the QuickPDF library, this is not the case. For some reason Adobe Acrobat doesn't trust these.

When clicking "Review" it gives a number of Report Codes, basically claiming that the document is not trustworthy.

I've tried to figure out what bugs Adobe Acrobat with the QuickPDF's, going so far as to strip down the PDF to the bare minimum (removing all fillable fields etc) but still it refuses to lock the document.

At some point I tried to simply enable the "lock all fields" option in the signature field itself, as a work around, but this doesn't work either! I get an error message that the document cannot be signed.

Has anyone else also seen this issue?
mvastenholt View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvastenholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 21 at 8:54AM
One extra note: I tried to copy paste images of the digital signing process in my post but I was getting errors (apparently the forum doesn't like attachments of images?) so I hope my explanation is somewhat clear.

The "Report Codes" that I mentioned in my post are things like:

4000     Unrecognized PDF Content

2007     Page content may silently change

4000     Unrecognized PDF Content

1001     Comment of form field may silently change

1002     Comment of form field may silently change

1008     Document contains hidden behavior

And even if I remove all fillable fields and other content from the PDF (via the Form option in Adobe Acrobat) it doesn't make any difference.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 21 at 8:46PM
Hi Menno,

perhpas these two articles from Debenu/Foxit will give you an idea what's wrong:
https://www.debenu.com/kb/advanced-options-signing-pdf-files/
https://www.debenu.com/kb/add-visual-digital-signature-to-a-pdf-programmatically/
BTW: If you use LastErrorCode directly after a QuickPDF-call then you can check if something went wrong.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic