Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SetPDFAMode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallmane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SetPDFAMode
    Posted: 28 Jan 21 at 8:43AM
Hi,
In the documentation of function SetPDFAMode PDF/A-1a is missing in the parameter list.
So PDF/A-1a is not supported. Will that be available in the future ?
Kind regards
Andreas

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 21 at 11:06AM
Hi Andreas,

The function starts with 1b.
The oldest standard 1a won't be supported for creation in the future - this should be clear and understandable.
I don't know the differences between 1a an 1b but normally 1b should be compatible with 1a.
So you can do it by your own.
Set PDF/A-1b for your pdf and search in the pdf-content (have a look via Notepad and you'll know what i mean).
You'll find code similar to this:
><pdfaid:part>3</pdfaid:part><pdfaid:conformance>A</pdfaid:conformance><
This example is from PDF/A-3b...
You can read the pdf-content into a stream or string... change the character and the number... and save it back. In case of "1b back to 1a" this shouldn't make a problem?

BTW: SetPDFAMode sets the sign into the file but this doesn't mean to create a pdf/a-compatible pdf-document with a single call. To make the pdf-content "pdf/a-ready" remains your biggest job to do ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 28 Jan 21 at 11:09AM
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic