Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Runtime error with ntdll.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalSignature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Runtime error with ntdll.dll
    Posted: 27 Jan 21 at 9:02AM
Hi, my application is in C/C++ for Windows platform & I'm trying to integrate Quick PDF library as a static library.

I've followed the guide for setup from here. The code compiles, but I get Access violation writing location error on ntdll.dll the moment the first method DEBENUPDFLIBRARYLIB1212_DllMain is called.

Has anyone encountered this issue? How do I go about resolving it?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 21 at 9:22PM
Hi DigitalSignature (is this your real name? ;-)

are you sure to use the correct version of the dll for your needs?
Please read here:
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/
You'll need the LIB-version and here is a "how to" doing the first steps:
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/getting-started/getting-started-lib-edition/

Cheers, good luck and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

DigitalSignature View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalSignature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 21 at 8:41AM
Hi @Ingo

Yes, the link you have shared to work with static lib is the one I've used as reference. I'm able to compile my application but encountering errors during runtime. I tried using the DLL version guide and was able to work with it, but when it comes to static library I'm encountering Access violation writing location error with ntdll.dll
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 21 at 9:30PM
You did this all:

The DEBENUPDFLIBRARYLIB1212_DllMain function should be called once before using any of the other functions, using the DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH constant for the fdwReason parameter.

The DPLCreateLibrary function must be called to initialize the library. An InstanceID will be returned which must be passed as the first parameter to all the other functions.

When you are finished with the library, call DPLReleaseLibrary to release all allocated memory.

Finally, before the application ends the DEBENUPDFLIBRARYLIB1212_DllMain function should be called again. This time the DLL_PROCESS_DETACH constant should be used.

You've done the unlock before using any other functions?

If this all don't help perhaps one of the linked dependencies have a wrong version?

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic