Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deployment at client site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deployment at client site
    Posted: 22 Oct 19 at 4:57PM
I've developed my Visual FoxPro solution and integrated use of the ActiveX DLL.  Works great!  Ready to deploy to my client.  Do I just need to copy the DLL and TLB files over to their machine and then register them there?  

2nd question:  this client is a Terminal Services client.  Does that make a difference in how it should be registered and/or how it will operate in that environment?

Thanks,
--Mike

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 19 at 8:09PM
Hi Mike,

i've never had this problem confronted but perhaps these links will give you an idea how to go on...

https://www.debenu.com/kb/asp-net-web-applications-debenu-pdf-library/

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/vs2008-does-not-register-activex-after-deployment_topic2064.html

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/silent-install_topic1661.html

Cheers,
Ingo

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 19 at 3:25PM
1.  I cannot help you with VFP, but for a Delphi program or DLL there is nothing in a TLB that is needed at run time.

2.  When installing on a TS Server, you would normally need to run CHANGE USER /INSTALL before running your installer and then CHANGE USER /EXECUTE afterwards. This ensures that any settings needed for your application are put in the correct part of the registry, and files go in the correct places for access by TS clients. Again no idea how this would apply to installing a VFP application. Google is your friend for these commands.
mbabcock View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbabcock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 19 at 8:28PM
It'd be nice if I could just drop the DLL in the same folder as my .EXE.  
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 19 at 10:36AM
Well you should certainly drop your DLL in the same folder as your EXE. The issue I was trying to give you a hint about was what might be needed to get an application properly registered for a terminal services user.  If you just drop it on the server without considering all this, the admin may not be able to get its shortcut to appear on the TS client desktop, and the DLL may not be registered in the view of that user. It's why I dislike having to develop for TS [and so cannot really be more help to you with details, I am afraid].  But if the app is for a single client, the administrator there may be able to help you get it right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic